Updated Apr 19, 2011 - 7:25 pm
Schedule shows how far Cardinals have fallen
PHOENIX - The NFL released the schedule for next season and with it the list of prime time games on Sunday and Monday night football where the league typically puts the best teams.
The Arizona Cardinals don't have any prime time games on either Sunday or Monday night football next season.
It only took one awful season for the league to relegate the Cardinals to second class status.
It's hard to argue the Cardinals deserve a spot in any high profile game considering how bad they looked last season and their uncertainty at the quarterback position.
Cardinals' coach Ken Whisenhunt will miss playing in the spotlight next season.
"You do like to play in the prime time games," said Whisenhunt.
The Cardinals coach is holding out hope, with the alternate flex scheduling on Sunday Night Football, that his team can still find a way to play themselves into a prime time slot.
"If we can get our stuff together and play well maybe we'll get the opportunity for that later in the year," said Whisenhunt.
The Cardinals will have to improve drastically for any chance of that to happen.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!