Updated Apr 21, 2011 - 1:19 pm
Whisenhunt: It depends on the quarterback
They say timing is everything, and the proverb could be used to describe how the Arizona Cardinals' plan to rectify their
void situation at quarterback.
The Cardinals badly need a new one, and there are a few intriguing options expected to be available to them.
And hey, what do you know, one could even be selected with the team's first round pick, the fifth overall selection.
"It depends on the quarterback," head coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "We've said that that's a position that we feel is important that we address."
I'd say so. Cardinals fans know all too well what kind of difference a quality QB can make, and it's a good thing the head coach understands this as well.
So, is there a chance that on draft night the Cardinals will submit a card with the name Newton or Gabbert written on it, or are they looking to go a different route in finding a QB?
"This is the first opportunity that we've had, and if it's the right fit for us then by all means," Whisenhunt said of finding the right guy.
There you have it. The Cardinals will take a quarterback with their first round pick. Or maybe not.
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?