Updated Apr 21, 2011 - 1:19 pm
Whisenhunt: It depends on the quarterback
They say timing is everything, and the proverb could be used to describe how the Arizona Cardinals' plan to rectify their
void situation at quarterback.
The Cardinals badly need a new one, and there are a few intriguing options expected to be available to them.
And hey, what do you know, one could even be selected with the team's first round pick, the fifth overall selection.
"It depends on the quarterback," head coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "We've said that that's a position that we feel is important that we address."
I'd say so. Cardinals fans know all too well what kind of difference a quality QB can make, and it's a good thing the head coach understands this as well.
So, is there a chance that on draft night the Cardinals will submit a card with the name Newton or Gabbert written on it, or are they looking to go a different route in finding a QB?
"This is the first opportunity that we've had, and if it's the right fit for us then by all means," Whisenhunt said of finding the right guy.
There you have it. The Cardinals will take a quarterback with their first round pick. Or maybe not.
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?