Updated Apr 21, 2011 - 1:19 pm
Whisenhunt: It depends on the quarterback
They say timing is everything, and the proverb could be used to describe how the Arizona Cardinals' plan to rectify their
void situation at quarterback.
The Cardinals badly need a new one, and there are a few intriguing options expected to be available to them.
And hey, what do you know, one could even be selected with the team's first round pick, the fifth overall selection.
"It depends on the quarterback," head coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "We've said that that's a position that we feel is important that we address."
I'd say so. Cardinals fans know all too well what kind of difference a quality QB can make, and it's a good thing the head coach understands this as well.
So, is there a chance that on draft night the Cardinals will submit a card with the name Newton or Gabbert written on it, or are they looking to go a different route in finding a QB?
"This is the first opportunity that we've had, and if it's the right fit for us then by all means," Whisenhunt said of finding the right guy.
There you have it. The Cardinals will take a quarterback with their first round pick. Or maybe not.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!