Updated Apr 21, 2011 - 1:19 pm
Whisenhunt: It depends on the quarterback
They say timing is everything, and the proverb could be used to describe how the Arizona Cardinals' plan to rectify their
void situation at quarterback.
The Cardinals badly need a new one, and there are a few intriguing options expected to be available to them.
And hey, what do you know, one could even be selected with the team's first round pick, the fifth overall selection.
"It depends on the quarterback," head coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "We've said that that's a position that we feel is important that we address."
I'd say so. Cardinals fans know all too well what kind of difference a quality QB can make, and it's a good thing the head coach understands this as well.
So, is there a chance that on draft night the Cardinals will submit a card with the name Newton or Gabbert written on it, or are they looking to go a different route in finding a QB?
"This is the first opportunity that we've had, and if it's the right fit for us then by all means," Whisenhunt said of finding the right guy.
There you have it. The Cardinals will take a quarterback with their first round pick. Or maybe not.
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.