Updated May 3, 2011 - 5:14 pm
Schefter: 'All signs point to Arizona' for Kolb
It appears the Kevin Kolb rumors are for the birds.
OK, bad joke (or lead) notwithstanding, each new report seems to indicate the Eagles backup QB will not only be traded, but traded to the team that plays its home games in University of Phoenix Stadium.
ESPN NFL reporter Adam Schefter, on NFL Live, said the race appears to be down to the Cards and Seattle Seahawks.
"Right now, all signs point to Kevin Kolb somehow finding his way to Arizona, which would make Larry Fitzgerald very happy, which would make the Cardinals an instant contender in the NFC West, and it would make them the team that they were a couple of years ago when Kurt Warner was playing quarterback, rather than last year when they had the quarterback carousel," he said.
Granted, these rumors are just that: rumors. A week ago the talk was of an 'understanding' the team had with Marc Bulger, Seattle's Matt Hasselbeck has been linked to the desert, and it has been said that Carson Palmer would be the best fit for the Cardinals.
Even still, the 26-year-old Kolb may be at the top of the wish list, as he's got some experience without a ton of mileage on his arm. He has potential, which means he could turn out to be an elite QB in the very near future. Or, of course, he could be a bust.
Either way, it appears more and more likely that Cardinals fans will get to see for themselves.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?