Updated May 3, 2011 - 5:14 pm
Schefter: 'All signs point to Arizona' for Kolb
It appears the Kevin Kolb rumors are for the birds.
OK, bad joke (or lead) notwithstanding, each new report seems to indicate the Eagles backup QB will not only be traded, but traded to the team that plays its home games in University of Phoenix Stadium.
ESPN NFL reporter Adam Schefter, on NFL Live, said the race appears to be down to the Cards and Seattle Seahawks.
"Right now, all signs point to Kevin Kolb somehow finding his way to Arizona, which would make Larry Fitzgerald very happy, which would make the Cardinals an instant contender in the NFC West, and it would make them the team that they were a couple of years ago when Kurt Warner was playing quarterback, rather than last year when they had the quarterback carousel," he said.
Granted, these rumors are just that: rumors. A week ago the talk was of an 'understanding' the team had with Marc Bulger, Seattle's Matt Hasselbeck has been linked to the desert, and it has been said that Carson Palmer would be the best fit for the Cardinals.
Even still, the 26-year-old Kolb may be at the top of the wish list, as he's got some experience without a ton of mileage on his arm. He has potential, which means he could turn out to be an elite QB in the very near future. Or, of course, he could be a bust.
Either way, it appears more and more likely that Cardinals fans will get to see for themselves.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!