Updated May 3, 2011 - 5:14 pm
Schefter: 'All signs point to Arizona' for Kolb
It appears the Kevin Kolb rumors are for the birds.
OK, bad joke (or lead) notwithstanding, each new report seems to indicate the Eagles backup QB will not only be traded, but traded to the team that plays its home games in University of Phoenix Stadium.
ESPN NFL reporter Adam Schefter, on NFL Live, said the race appears to be down to the Cards and Seattle Seahawks.
"Right now, all signs point to Kevin Kolb somehow finding his way to Arizona, which would make Larry Fitzgerald very happy, which would make the Cardinals an instant contender in the NFC West, and it would make them the team that they were a couple of years ago when Kurt Warner was playing quarterback, rather than last year when they had the quarterback carousel," he said.
Granted, these rumors are just that: rumors. A week ago the talk was of an 'understanding' the team had with Marc Bulger, Seattle's Matt Hasselbeck has been linked to the desert, and it has been said that Carson Palmer would be the best fit for the Cardinals.
Even still, the 26-year-old Kolb may be at the top of the wish list, as he's got some experience without a ton of mileage on his arm. He has potential, which means he could turn out to be an elite QB in the very near future. Or, of course, he could be a bust.
Either way, it appears more and more likely that Cardinals fans will get to see for themselves.
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.