Updated May 5, 2011 - 11:58 am
Wolf: 'Cardinals are players in the Kevin Kolb sweepstakes'
We've heard national analysts like ESPN's Adam Schefter say the Arizona Cardinals in heavy pursuit of Kevin Kolb but we've yet to hear any local experts weigh in. That is until now.
Sports 620 KTAR host and Arizona Cardinals color analyst Ron Wolfley says he's been told that Kolb is indeed on the team's radar.
"I can tell you right now," Wolfley said on the Doug and Wolf show Thursday. "I have been told that the Arizona Cardinals are players in the Kevin Kolb sweepstakes. I've been saying that for weeks. They're in there swinging. Whether or not their going to get him, I have no idea. Right now of course, because of the lockout and the situation it's put them in and him, Kevin Kolb in, who knows what's going happen. There's just so much uncertainty right now."
Will the asking price be too high? Are there too many other teams vying for his services? Is the lockout going to impede any chance of getting the deal done? We don't know but at least we now know the Arizona Cardinals are at least examining the possibility of adding the young quarterback.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.