Updated May 5, 2011 - 11:58 am
Wolf: 'Cardinals are players in the Kevin Kolb sweepstakes'
We've heard national analysts like ESPN's Adam Schefter say the Arizona Cardinals in heavy pursuit of Kevin Kolb but we've yet to hear any local experts weigh in. That is until now.
Sports 620 KTAR host and Arizona Cardinals color analyst Ron Wolfley says he's been told that Kolb is indeed on the team's radar.
"I can tell you right now," Wolfley said on the Doug and Wolf show Thursday. "I have been told that the Arizona Cardinals are players in the Kevin Kolb sweepstakes. I've been saying that for weeks. They're in there swinging. Whether or not their going to get him, I have no idea. Right now of course, because of the lockout and the situation it's put them in and him, Kevin Kolb in, who knows what's going happen. There's just so much uncertainty right now."
Will the asking price be too high? Are there too many other teams vying for his services? Is the lockout going to impede any chance of getting the deal done? We don't know but at least we now know the Arizona Cardinals are at least examining the possibility of adding the young quarterback.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up