Updated May 5, 2011 - 11:58 am
Wolf: 'Cardinals are players in the Kevin Kolb sweepstakes'
We've heard national analysts like ESPN's Adam Schefter say the Arizona Cardinals in heavy pursuit of Kevin Kolb but we've yet to hear any local experts weigh in. That is until now.
Sports 620 KTAR host and Arizona Cardinals color analyst Ron Wolfley says he's been told that Kolb is indeed on the team's radar.
"I can tell you right now," Wolfley said on the Doug and Wolf show Thursday. "I have been told that the Arizona Cardinals are players in the Kevin Kolb sweepstakes. I've been saying that for weeks. They're in there swinging. Whether or not their going to get him, I have no idea. Right now of course, because of the lockout and the situation it's put them in and him, Kevin Kolb in, who knows what's going happen. There's just so much uncertainty right now."
Will the asking price be too high? Are there too many other teams vying for his services? Is the lockout going to impede any chance of getting the deal done? We don't know but at least we now know the Arizona Cardinals are at least examining the possibility of adding the young quarterback.
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.