Updated May 5, 2011 - 11:58 am
Wolf: 'Cardinals are players in the Kevin Kolb sweepstakes'
We've heard national analysts like ESPN's Adam Schefter say the Arizona Cardinals in heavy pursuit of Kevin Kolb but we've yet to hear any local experts weigh in. That is until now.
Sports 620 KTAR host and Arizona Cardinals color analyst Ron Wolfley says he's been told that Kolb is indeed on the team's radar.
"I can tell you right now," Wolfley said on the Doug and Wolf show Thursday. "I have been told that the Arizona Cardinals are players in the Kevin Kolb sweepstakes. I've been saying that for weeks. They're in there swinging. Whether or not their going to get him, I have no idea. Right now of course, because of the lockout and the situation it's put them in and him, Kevin Kolb in, who knows what's going happen. There's just so much uncertainty right now."
Will the asking price be too high? Are there too many other teams vying for his services? Is the lockout going to impede any chance of getting the deal done? We don't know but at least we now know the Arizona Cardinals are at least examining the possibility of adding the young quarterback.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.