Updated May 10, 2011 - 11:00 am
Cardinals rookie gets first Arizona surprise
Sam Acho, welcome to Arizona.
The Cardinals' fourth round pick in last month's draft arrived in the Valley and completed his first workout with some of the players. Among the things he didn't expect: the weather.
Just finished my 1st workout with some guys on the team. AZ is a little hotter than expected, but I'm def glad to be a part of the #birdgang
Uhh, Sam? The high was 79 Monday and is supposed to be 77 Tuesday. Not exactly the summer heat Arizona is known for, so if those temperatures were getting to you...
Acho's confusing complaints about the weather notwithstanding, it's certainly good to see that he's working out and getting ready for the season. This is about the time a team would have OTA's and what not, only the lockout has prevented that from happening. So, if a rookie wants to be ready for the season, whenever it may actually begin, he has to take it upon himself to get ready.
And hey, nobody will complain as long as he's ready for the season, even if he somehow wasn't ready for a scorching welcome to the Valley of the Sun.
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals preseason: By The Numbers
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.