Updated May 10, 2011 - 11:00 am
Cardinals rookie gets first Arizona surprise
Sam Acho, welcome to Arizona.
The Cardinals' fourth round pick in last month's draft arrived in the Valley and completed his first workout with some of the players. Among the things he didn't expect: the weather.
Just finished my 1st workout with some guys on the team. AZ is a little hotter than expected, but I'm def glad to be a part of the #birdgang
Uhh, Sam? The high was 79 Monday and is supposed to be 77 Tuesday. Not exactly the summer heat Arizona is known for, so if those temperatures were getting to you...
Acho's confusing complaints about the weather notwithstanding, it's certainly good to see that he's working out and getting ready for the season. This is about the time a team would have OTA's and what not, only the lockout has prevented that from happening. So, if a rookie wants to be ready for the season, whenever it may actually begin, he has to take it upon himself to get ready.
And hey, nobody will complain as long as he's ready for the season, even if he somehow wasn't ready for a scorching welcome to the Valley of the Sun.
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves