Updated May 10, 2011 - 10:41 am
Ex-Cardinals and current analyst thinks Bulger is right for Cards
There's one former Arizona Cardinal turned NFL Network analyst who thinks Marc Bulger is the perfect fit as the team's new quarterback. It's not who you'd think though.
Jamie Dukes, an offensive lineman who played for the Cardinals in 1995, said on the NFL Network Monday he thinks that Bulger gives the best chance to win similar to the way his co-worker, Kurt Warner, did when he arrived in Arizona.
"The team with the most glaring need, and is the most playoff ready, is the Cardinals," said Dukes. "The guy who I think best suits what they want to do is Bulger. He's a guy who can spin the ball and get the ball down the field. That's what they're looking for. Larry Fitzgerald wants a veteran guy who can come in there Ö and just try to catch lightning in a bottle, again, with an older quarterback."
It's quite impressive how every analyst and pundit seems to think they know exactly what Fitzgerald thinks, needs and wants. While the thought of Bulger makes sense, there are a lot of question marks about his game. Most of which play off the same theme of ĎCan he still play football?'.
Until Fitzgerald comes out and directly tells the media what he wants and how he'd like to see the Cardinals accomplish it, everything is pure speculation.
The only certain thing is that most Ďexperts' feel keeping the star wide receiver happy is most important when deciding who the team's next quarterback will be. Regardless of who you want to see under center next year for the Cardinals, that's a sentiment we can all agree on.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!