Updated May 10, 2011 - 10:41 am
Ex-Cardinals and current analyst thinks Bulger is right for Cards
There's one former Arizona Cardinal turned NFL Network analyst who thinks Marc Bulger is the perfect fit as the team's new quarterback. It's not who you'd think though.
Jamie Dukes, an offensive lineman who played for the Cardinals in 1995, said on the NFL Network Monday he thinks that Bulger gives the best chance to win similar to the way his co-worker, Kurt Warner, did when he arrived in Arizona.
"The team with the most glaring need, and is the most playoff ready, is the Cardinals," said Dukes. "The guy who I think best suits what they want to do is Bulger. He's a guy who can spin the ball and get the ball down the field. That's what they're looking for. Larry Fitzgerald wants a veteran guy who can come in there … and just try to catch lightning in a bottle, again, with an older quarterback."
It's quite impressive how every analyst and pundit seems to think they know exactly what Fitzgerald thinks, needs and wants. While the thought of Bulger makes sense, there are a lot of question marks about his game. Most of which play off the same theme of ‘Can he still play football?'.
Until Fitzgerald comes out and directly tells the media what he wants and how he'd like to see the Cardinals accomplish it, everything is pure speculation.
The only certain thing is that most ‘experts' feel keeping the star wide receiver happy is most important when deciding who the team's next quarterback will be. Regardless of who you want to see under center next year for the Cardinals, that's a sentiment we can all agree on.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.