Updated May 10, 2011 - 10:41 am
Ex-Cardinals and current analyst thinks Bulger is right for Cards
There's one former Arizona Cardinal turned NFL Network analyst who thinks Marc Bulger is the perfect fit as the team's new quarterback. It's not who you'd think though.
Jamie Dukes, an offensive lineman who played for the Cardinals in 1995, said on the NFL Network Monday he thinks that Bulger gives the best chance to win similar to the way his co-worker, Kurt Warner, did when he arrived in Arizona.
"The team with the most glaring need, and is the most playoff ready, is the Cardinals," said Dukes. "The guy who I think best suits what they want to do is Bulger. He's a guy who can spin the ball and get the ball down the field. That's what they're looking for. Larry Fitzgerald wants a veteran guy who can come in there … and just try to catch lightning in a bottle, again, with an older quarterback."
It's quite impressive how every analyst and pundit seems to think they know exactly what Fitzgerald thinks, needs and wants. While the thought of Bulger makes sense, there are a lot of question marks about his game. Most of which play off the same theme of ‘Can he still play football?'.
Until Fitzgerald comes out and directly tells the media what he wants and how he'd like to see the Cardinals accomplish it, everything is pure speculation.
The only certain thing is that most ‘experts' feel keeping the star wide receiver happy is most important when deciding who the team's next quarterback will be. Regardless of who you want to see under center next year for the Cardinals, that's a sentiment we can all agree on.
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinals’ draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.