Updated May 10, 2011 - 10:41 am
Ex-Cardinals and current analyst thinks Bulger is right for Cards
There's one former Arizona Cardinal turned NFL Network analyst who thinks Marc Bulger is the perfect fit as the team's new quarterback. It's not who you'd think though.
Jamie Dukes, an offensive lineman who played for the Cardinals in 1995, said on the NFL Network Monday he thinks that Bulger gives the best chance to win similar to the way his co-worker, Kurt Warner, did when he arrived in Arizona.
"The team with the most glaring need, and is the most playoff ready, is the Cardinals," said Dukes. "The guy who I think best suits what they want to do is Bulger. He's a guy who can spin the ball and get the ball down the field. That's what they're looking for. Larry Fitzgerald wants a veteran guy who can come in there … and just try to catch lightning in a bottle, again, with an older quarterback."
It's quite impressive how every analyst and pundit seems to think they know exactly what Fitzgerald thinks, needs and wants. While the thought of Bulger makes sense, there are a lot of question marks about his game. Most of which play off the same theme of ‘Can he still play football?'.
Until Fitzgerald comes out and directly tells the media what he wants and how he'd like to see the Cardinals accomplish it, everything is pure speculation.
The only certain thing is that most ‘experts' feel keeping the star wide receiver happy is most important when deciding who the team's next quarterback will be. Regardless of who you want to see under center next year for the Cardinals, that's a sentiment we can all agree on.
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Being first is an important step for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.