Lombardi: 'tape on Kolb, it's not overly impressive'
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb may be or may not be on the move. It all depends on who you want to believe on any given day.
NFL Network's Michael Lombardi is of the mindset that if Kolb does get traded by the Eagles a team will likely overpay for him.
"It's hard to watch tape on Kevin Kolb and think he's worth a first round pick," he told Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf Thursday morning. "It's going to require somebody selling him in the building and someone has to know him."
Lombardi didn't stop there though. He went as far to insinuate that Kolb is overrated in the eyes of many around the league.
Usually we'd write this off as a highly paid analyst trying to flex his pretend scouting muscles but with Lombardi it's different. He was an executive focusing on player personnel for five different NFL franchises. He's no stranger to watching tape and breaking down a player's strengths and weaknesses. Due to that his opinion on a player carries a little more weight than usual.
Lombardi thinks the leader in the clubhouse to be the Arizona Cardinals starter isn't impressive, but does he still think he'll wind up with Ken Whisenhunt's club? Nope, he sees him landing with an organization who has a quarterback guru at the helm.
"I'm going to go Cleveland," he said of where he thinks Kolb will ultimately end up. "I'm not buying the Colt McCoy love affair going on in Cleveland. I don't know how you can have the love affair. I think with the extra pick they got from Atlanta that first rounder is going to be hard to beat them in a poker game. I think it's a smart move for them it fits what they want to do offensively."
Kolb to the Browns makes some sense, but who does that leave the Cardinals with? A veteran who saw his most successful years come in St. Louis. Unfortunately, for the fans and the coaching staff, it isn't Kurt Warner.
"I think Arizona is the landing spot for [Marc Bulger]," he told the hosts. "Bulger fits. I think he was the guy they would have liked to sign last year but they had their hopes and plans on Matt Leinart being the guy."
So there you have it. Another analyst weighs in on the Cardinals quarterback situation and gives us his best guess. At what point do we just break out the dartboard and start throwing at pictures of each quarterback for answers?
- Bruce Arians and Charles Barkley in agreement on gay athlete issue
- Tyrann Mathieu making 'believers'
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br