Updated May 24, 2011 - 3:16 pm
Is Darnell Dockett the second best defensive player in the NFC West?
Is Darnell Dockett the second best defensive player in the NFC West? That's what ESPN's Mike Sando is wondering.
On his NFC West blog Sando posed the question ‘Who is the best defensive player in the NFC West after Patrick Willis?' with the Arizona Cardinals defensive end Dockett, the San Francisco 49ers defensive end Justin Smith and the St. Louis Rams defensive end Chris long as options.
So far Dockett isn't faring well in the vote as he is in second place and trailing the leader Smith by over 23-percent with well over 2,000 votes cast.
Dockett's perception with fans throughout the division probably took a hit in 2010 as the Cardinals failed to live up to expectations. He battled through injuries all season but surprisingly his stats were on par with his career averages.
With that said, Smith still had better stats for the 49ers recording more sacks and tackles than Dockett.
If this were a contest about who is the most entertaining defensive player who tweets questionable things, Dockett would win hands down. Fans don't seem to be taking that into account. They seem to be voting strictly based on statistics. Which is probably the right call.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?