'The Professor' educates Cards fans on Kolb
Over the last few weeks it seems like there have been a million Kevin Kolb rumors involving the Arizona Cardinals (alright, maybe not a million, but a lot). Most of them provided little to no new information and even less reasoning on why the move would work.
On Wednesday ‘The Professor', ESPN NFL analyst John Clayton, provided an entire thousand word lesson on why Kolb to Arizona is the right fit. The main reason being, he's better than anything they had last year.
The Cardinals play in the highly suspect NFC West. Plugging in Kolb and his 60 percent accuracy should put the Cardinals -- at the very worst -- in the middle of the league for quarterback play.
Clayton may be all for the Cardinals acquiring the young Eagles quarterback, but he does caution fans that history has taught us it doesn't always work out the way people think it will.
History shows, though, a Kolb trade would be a short-term success. The debate is more the degree of the success. In the past four seasons, teams have traded for quarterbacks with moderate success.
While he doesn't give any definitive answer on whether or not Kolb will be under center for the Cardinals when the season begins, Clayton provides one of the more well thought out synopses of why such a move would work out.
What it still all comes down to is cost.
Clayton says a first round pick or two second rounders is what it's going to take to get a deal done. The question is, how much is too much to give up for the Cardinals to acquire Kolb?
That's one question Clayton and every other analyst can't answer. We'll have to wait for the lockout to end in order to find out.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.