Updated May 26, 2011 - 1:56 pm
Kevin Kolb breaks silence, talks trade
Everyone has provided an opinion when it comes to the Arizona Cardinals and Kevin Kolb. Well, almost everyone.
On Thursday the most important factor in those rumors, Kolb himself, spoke to the media for the first time since he and the Eagles were eliminated from the playoffs. He was back on the east coast to take part in informal workouts with some of his teammates.
The Philadelphia Daily News was there and talked to the 27-year-old quarterback about his future and how he's dealing with his rumored relocation.
"'It's pretty tough, but y'all have known me for a long time, and the way that I handle things is that I kind of keep things out of my life. I don't pay too much attention to it. It's hard, when it has to do with my life, but I keep a positive attitude and keep moving forward, and whatever happens, I'll be ready to roll," Kolb said afterwards
Even though all signs point to Andy Reid and the Eagles trading their backup quarterback, Kolb accepts the fact that, due to the lockout, a deal may not happen.
"If the situation (of staying with the Eagles) can't be avoided, I'm not going to sit there and be a turd," Kolb said. "That's not my style. I think that I've voiced my opinion, and there's nothing more I can do. Just like always, whatever situation arises, I'll just have to roll with the punches ... To say that it didn't cross my mind, I'd be lying."
If the Cardinals do in fact deal for Kolb, it's good to know that being a ‘turd' isn't his style. After watching the production the team got from the position in 2010 you'd have to imagine that is one of Ken Whisenhunt's prerequisites for whoever they bring in.
It's not just the fans and media who are going crazy with rumors and hypotheticals. Kolb told the reporters who gathered that the unknown bothers him as well.
"There's a list of questions, and nobody knows the answers," Kolb said. "A lotta unknowns."
While it still doesn't provide any answers to the question of who will be the Cards starting quarterback when the season actually begins, it's nice to finally hear from someone actually involved. Kolb's quotes show he's a guy who possesses a lot of personality as well as sensibility. Much like the rest of us he just wants an answer, sooner rather than later.
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?