Updated May 26, 2011 - 1:56 pm
Kevin Kolb breaks silence, talks trade
Everyone has provided an opinion when it comes to the Arizona Cardinals and Kevin Kolb. Well, almost everyone.
On Thursday the most important factor in those rumors, Kolb himself, spoke to the media for the first time since he and the Eagles were eliminated from the playoffs. He was back on the east coast to take part in informal workouts with some of his teammates.
The Philadelphia Daily News was there and talked to the 27-year-old quarterback about his future and how he's dealing with his rumored relocation.
"'It's pretty tough, but y'all have known me for a long time, and the way that I handle things is that I kind of keep things out of my life. I don't pay too much attention to it. It's hard, when it has to do with my life, but I keep a positive attitude and keep moving forward, and whatever happens, I'll be ready to roll," Kolb said afterwards
Even though all signs point to Andy Reid and the Eagles trading their backup quarterback, Kolb accepts the fact that, due to the lockout, a deal may not happen.
"If the situation (of staying with the Eagles) can't be avoided, I'm not going to sit there and be a turd," Kolb said. "That's not my style. I think that I've voiced my opinion, and there's nothing more I can do. Just like always, whatever situation arises, I'll just have to roll with the punches ... To say that it didn't cross my mind, I'd be lying."
If the Cardinals do in fact deal for Kolb, it's good to know that being a ‘turd' isn't his style. After watching the production the team got from the position in 2010 you'd have to imagine that is one of Ken Whisenhunt's prerequisites for whoever they bring in.
It's not just the fans and media who are going crazy with rumors and hypotheticals. Kolb told the reporters who gathered that the unknown bothers him as well.
"There's a list of questions, and nobody knows the answers," Kolb said. "A lotta unknowns."
While it still doesn't provide any answers to the question of who will be the Cards starting quarterback when the season actually begins, it's nice to finally hear from someone actually involved. Kolb's quotes show he's a guy who possesses a lot of personality as well as sensibility. Much like the rest of us he just wants an answer, sooner rather than later.
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.