Kevin Kolb breaks silence, talks trade
Everyone has provided an opinion when it comes to the Arizona Cardinals and Kevin Kolb. Well, almost everyone.
On Thursday the most important factor in those rumors, Kolb himself, spoke to the media for the first time since he and the Eagles were eliminated from the playoffs. He was back on the east coast to take part in informal workouts with some of his teammates.
The Philadelphia Daily News was there and talked to the 27-year-old quarterback about his future and how he's dealing with his rumored relocation.
"'It's pretty tough, but y'all have known me for a long time, and the way that I handle things is that I kind of keep things out of my life. I don't pay too much attention to it. It's hard, when it has to do with my life, but I keep a positive attitude and keep moving forward, and whatever happens, I'll be ready to roll," Kolb said afterwards
Even though all signs point to Andy Reid and the Eagles trading their backup quarterback, Kolb accepts the fact that, due to the lockout, a deal may not happen.
"If the situation (of staying with the Eagles) can't be avoided, I'm not going to sit there and be a turd," Kolb said. "That's not my style. I think that I've voiced my opinion, and there's nothing more I can do. Just like always, whatever situation arises, I'll just have to roll with the punches ... To say that it didn't cross my mind, I'd be lying."
If the Cardinals do in fact deal for Kolb, it's good to know that being a ‘turd' isn't his style. After watching the production the team got from the position in 2010 you'd have to imagine that is one of Ken Whisenhunt's prerequisites for whoever they bring in.
It's not just the fans and media who are going crazy with rumors and hypotheticals. Kolb told the reporters who gathered that the unknown bothers him as well.
"There's a list of questions, and nobody knows the answers," Kolb said. "A lotta unknowns."
While it still doesn't provide any answers to the question of who will be the Cards starting quarterback when the season actually begins, it's nice to finally hear from someone actually involved. Kolb's quotes show he's a guy who possesses a lot of personality as well as sensibility. Much like the rest of us he just wants an answer, sooner rather than later.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.