Updated Jun 2, 2011 - 1:32 pm
Broncos asking for second round pick for Orton
The Arizona Cardinals are in desperate need for a quarterback, but acquiring one is much easier said than done.
One of the quarterbacks the Cardinals have shown interest in is Denver's Kyle Orton.
While Orton may be a good fit in Arizona, he is also a good fit in Denver and the Broncos will not easily part with their veteran gunslinger.
The NFL Network recently reported the Broncos would not trade Orton for anything less than a second round pick.
Jeff Legwold of the Denver Post also feels the Broncos will have a steep asking price for teams interested in Orton.
"If the Broncos were to receive an offer for Orton they couldn't refuse, you could see them pulling the trigger on a trade," Legwold writes. "But they haven't given any indication they plan to move Orton out of the way so Tebow can be the starter at football's most important position."
Broncos head coach John Fox is believed to favor Orton over Tim Tebow in 2011, because of his desire to win right away as opposed to taking the time necessary to develop the second year player out of Florida. Orton's asking price may be high, and potentially still rising, but the Cardinals need a quarterback and one with the experience would be a plus.
Orton would provide the Cardinals with veteran leadership on offense and would also show the fans, and soon to be free agent Larry Fitzgerald, that the Cardinals ownership is committed to winning.
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.