Updated Jun 2, 2011 - 1:32 pm
Broncos asking for second round pick for Orton
The Arizona Cardinals are in desperate need for a quarterback, but acquiring one is much easier said than done.
One of the quarterbacks the Cardinals have shown interest in is Denver's Kyle Orton.
While Orton may be a good fit in Arizona, he is also a good fit in Denver and the Broncos will not easily part with their veteran gunslinger.
The NFL Network recently reported the Broncos would not trade Orton for anything less than a second round pick.
Jeff Legwold of the Denver Post also feels the Broncos will have a steep asking price for teams interested in Orton.
"If the Broncos were to receive an offer for Orton they couldn't refuse, you could see them pulling the trigger on a trade," Legwold writes. "But they haven't given any indication they plan to move Orton out of the way so Tebow can be the starter at football's most important position."
Broncos head coach John Fox is believed to favor Orton over Tim Tebow in 2011, because of his desire to win right away as opposed to taking the time necessary to develop the second year player out of Florida. Orton's asking price may be high, and potentially still rising, but the Cardinals need a quarterback and one with the experience would be a plus.
Orton would provide the Cardinals with veteran leadership on offense and would also show the fans, and soon to be free agent Larry Fitzgerald, that the Cardinals ownership is committed to winning.
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l