Updated Jun 2, 2011 - 1:32 pm
Broncos asking for second round pick for Orton
The Arizona Cardinals are in desperate need for a quarterback, but acquiring one is much easier said than done.
One of the quarterbacks the Cardinals have shown interest in is Denver's Kyle Orton.
While Orton may be a good fit in Arizona, he is also a good fit in Denver and the Broncos will not easily part with their veteran gunslinger.
The NFL Network recently reported the Broncos would not trade Orton for anything less than a second round pick.
Jeff Legwold of the Denver Post also feels the Broncos will have a steep asking price for teams interested in Orton.
"If the Broncos were to receive an offer for Orton they couldn't refuse, you could see them pulling the trigger on a trade," Legwold writes. "But they haven't given any indication they plan to move Orton out of the way so Tebow can be the starter at football's most important position."
Broncos head coach John Fox is believed to favor Orton over Tim Tebow in 2011, because of his desire to win right away as opposed to taking the time necessary to develop the second year player out of Florida. Orton's asking price may be high, and potentially still rising, but the Cardinals need a quarterback and one with the experience would be a plus.
Orton would provide the Cardinals with veteran leadership on offense and would also show the fans, and soon to be free agent Larry Fitzgerald, that the Cardinals ownership is committed to winning.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.