Updated Jun 7, 2011 - 2:21 pm
Fitzgerald eases fears while giving away leverage
Larry Fitzgerald knows the Arizona Cardinals need to improve. After going 5-11 last season, so does everyone else.
However, as has often been a theme of this off-season, concerns that today's decisions could affect the Pro Bowler's future in Arizona were brought up. Fitzgerald, though, pretty much said the plan is to stay in Arizona.
"I don't want to go anywhere," he said. "I believe that Coach Whisenhunt is the right man for the job and I enjoy working for Michael Bidwill and his family.
"I don't want to go anywhere."
Those words, Sports 620 KTAR's Dave Burns said, should put Cardinals fans at ease.
"Doesn't sound like someone, to me, who is being wishy-washy about his future or where he wants to be," Burns said.
Sports 620 KTAR's Paul Calvisi agreed, saying if Fitz's goal was to gain leverage he is falling well short.
"No, if he was really trying to play the leverage game he would have been a lot less descriptive and definitive on that, there's no doubt about it."
What there is doubt about is how different (read: better) the team will be when the 2011 season begins. While Fitzgerald is still professing a desire to remain in Arizona, another losing season with no hope at the QB position could go a long way towards changing his mindset.
And that, if anything, is probably the only thing Cardinals fans don't want to see change with regards to their team.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.