Fitzgerald eases fears while giving away leverage
Larry Fitzgerald knows the Arizona Cardinals need to improve. After going 5-11 last season, so does everyone else.
However, as has often been a theme of this off-season, concerns that today's decisions could affect the Pro Bowler's future in Arizona were brought up. Fitzgerald, though, pretty much said the plan is to stay in Arizona.
"I don't want to go anywhere," he said. "I believe that Coach Whisenhunt is the right man for the job and I enjoy working for Michael Bidwill and his family.
"I don't want to go anywhere."
Those words, Sports 620 KTAR's Dave Burns said, should put Cardinals fans at ease.
"Doesn't sound like someone, to me, who is being wishy-washy about his future or where he wants to be," Burns said.
Sports 620 KTAR's Paul Calvisi agreed, saying if Fitz's goal was to gain leverage he is falling well short.
"No, if he was really trying to play the leverage game he would have been a lot less descriptive and definitive on that, there's no doubt about it."
What there is doubt about is how different (read: better) the team will be when the 2011 season begins. While Fitzgerald is still professing a desire to remain in Arizona, another losing season with no hope at the QB position could go a long way towards changing his mindset.
And that, if anything, is probably the only thing Cardinals fans don't want to see change with regards to their team.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.