Updated Jun 7, 2011 - 2:21 pm
Fitzgerald eases fears while giving away leverage
Larry Fitzgerald knows the Arizona Cardinals need to improve. After going 5-11 last season, so does everyone else.
However, as has often been a theme of this off-season, concerns that today's decisions could affect the Pro Bowler's future in Arizona were brought up. Fitzgerald, though, pretty much said the plan is to stay in Arizona.
"I don't want to go anywhere," he said. "I believe that Coach Whisenhunt is the right man for the job and I enjoy working for Michael Bidwill and his family.
"I don't want to go anywhere."
Those words, Sports 620 KTAR's Dave Burns said, should put Cardinals fans at ease.
"Doesn't sound like someone, to me, who is being wishy-washy about his future or where he wants to be," Burns said.
Sports 620 KTAR's Paul Calvisi agreed, saying if Fitz's goal was to gain leverage he is falling well short.
"No, if he was really trying to play the leverage game he would have been a lot less descriptive and definitive on that, there's no doubt about it."
What there is doubt about is how different (read: better) the team will be when the 2011 season begins. While Fitzgerald is still professing a desire to remain in Arizona, another losing season with no hope at the QB position could go a long way towards changing his mindset.
And that, if anything, is probably the only thing Cardinals fans don't want to see change with regards to their team.
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b