Updated Jun 7, 2011 - 2:21 pm
Fitzgerald eases fears while giving away leverage
Larry Fitzgerald knows the Arizona Cardinals need to improve. After going 5-11 last season, so does everyone else.
However, as has often been a theme of this off-season, concerns that today's decisions could affect the Pro Bowler's future in Arizona were brought up. Fitzgerald, though, pretty much said the plan is to stay in Arizona.
"I don't want to go anywhere," he said. "I believe that Coach Whisenhunt is the right man for the job and I enjoy working for Michael Bidwill and his family.
"I don't want to go anywhere."
Those words, Sports 620 KTAR's Dave Burns said, should put Cardinals fans at ease.
"Doesn't sound like someone, to me, who is being wishy-washy about his future or where he wants to be," Burns said.
Sports 620 KTAR's Paul Calvisi agreed, saying if Fitz's goal was to gain leverage he is falling well short.
"No, if he was really trying to play the leverage game he would have been a lot less descriptive and definitive on that, there's no doubt about it."
What there is doubt about is how different (read: better) the team will be when the 2011 season begins. While Fitzgerald is still professing a desire to remain in Arizona, another losing season with no hope at the QB position could go a long way towards changing his mindset.
And that, if anything, is probably the only thing Cardinals fans don't want to see change with regards to their team.
- Tommy Kelly happy to be wanted, with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves