Updated Jun 8, 2011 - 8:53 am
Are the Cardinals at the top of Hasselbeck's list?
Who will lineup under center for the Arizona Cardinals? It's a question that has been asked more times than "what's the meaning of life?" with even less clarity on what the answer actually is.
Wednesday Sports Illustrated's Peter King took his shot at shedding some light on that quandry and brought up a familiar name. Seattle Seahawks' signal caller Matthew Hasselbeck.
For the Cardinals Hasselbeck makes a lot of sense. He's familiar with the division, has had success in the league and is accurate (he's only thrown more interceptions than touchdowns twice in his 12 year career). All of which were qualities the team was sorely missing in 2010.
The drawbeck, we mean drawback, is that Hasselbeck has struggled with injuries the last few season and has begun to show his age.
If the Ken Whisenhunt and the Cardinals are looking for a quick fix that can help them win the division, Hasselbeck could fit the bill. If they're looking for a quarterback who can stick around awhile and help them attain a higher goal, they should probably look elsewhere.
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b