Are the Cardinals at the top of Hasselbeck's list?
Who will lineup under center for the Arizona Cardinals? It's a question that has been asked more times than "what's the meaning of life?" with even less clarity on what the answer actually is.
Wednesday Sports Illustrated's Peter King took his shot at shedding some light on that quandry and brought up a familiar name. Seattle Seahawks' signal caller Matthew Hasselbeck.
For the Cardinals Hasselbeck makes a lot of sense. He's familiar with the division, has had success in the league and is accurate (he's only thrown more interceptions than touchdowns twice in his 12 year career). All of which were qualities the team was sorely missing in 2010.
The drawbeck, we mean drawback, is that Hasselbeck has struggled with injuries the last few season and has begun to show his age.
If the Ken Whisenhunt and the Cardinals are looking for a quick fix that can help them win the division, Hasselbeck could fit the bill. If they're looking for a quarterback who can stick around awhile and help them attain a higher goal, they should probably look elsewhere.
- ESPN's Clayton: Cardinals were a free agency winner
- Football player Daryl Washington pleads not guilty
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads 'not guilty'
- CBSSports.com writer: Cardinals' Cooper to have 'big impact' during rookie season
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals QB Carson Palmer a 'stopgap'
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.