Updated Jun 8, 2011 - 8:53 am
Are the Cardinals at the top of Hasselbeck's list?
Who will lineup under center for the Arizona Cardinals? It's a question that has been asked more times than "what's the meaning of life?" with even less clarity on what the answer actually is.
Wednesday Sports Illustrated's Peter King took his shot at shedding some light on that quandry and brought up a familiar name. Seattle Seahawks' signal caller Matthew Hasselbeck.
For the Cardinals Hasselbeck makes a lot of sense. He's familiar with the division, has had success in the league and is accurate (he's only thrown more interceptions than touchdowns twice in his 12 year career). All of which were qualities the team was sorely missing in 2010.
The drawbeck, we mean drawback, is that Hasselbeck has struggled with injuries the last few season and has begun to show his age.
If the Ken Whisenhunt and the Cardinals are looking for a quick fix that can help them win the division, Hasselbeck could fit the bill. If they're looking for a quarterback who can stick around awhile and help them attain a higher goal, they should probably look elsewhere.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.