Updated Jun 8, 2011 - 8:53 am
Are the Cardinals at the top of Hasselbeck's list?
Who will lineup under center for the Arizona Cardinals? It's a question that has been asked more times than "what's the meaning of life?" with even less clarity on what the answer actually is.
Wednesday Sports Illustrated's Peter King took his shot at shedding some light on that quandry and brought up a familiar name. Seattle Seahawks' signal caller Matthew Hasselbeck.
For the Cardinals Hasselbeck makes a lot of sense. He's familiar with the division, has had success in the league and is accurate (he's only thrown more interceptions than touchdowns twice in his 12 year career). All of which were qualities the team was sorely missing in 2010.
The drawbeck, we mean drawback, is that Hasselbeck has struggled with injuries the last few season and has begun to show his age.
If the Ken Whisenhunt and the Cardinals are looking for a quick fix that can help them win the division, Hasselbeck could fit the bill. If they're looking for a quarterback who can stick around awhile and help them attain a higher goal, they should probably look elsewhere.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up