Updated Jun 8, 2011 - 8:53 am
Are the Cardinals at the top of Hasselbeck's list?
Who will lineup under center for the Arizona Cardinals? It's a question that has been asked more times than "what's the meaning of life?" with even less clarity on what the answer actually is.
Wednesday Sports Illustrated's Peter King took his shot at shedding some light on that quandry and brought up a familiar name. Seattle Seahawks' signal caller Matthew Hasselbeck.
For the Cardinals Hasselbeck makes a lot of sense. He's familiar with the division, has had success in the league and is accurate (he's only thrown more interceptions than touchdowns twice in his 12 year career). All of which were qualities the team was sorely missing in 2010.
The drawbeck, we mean drawback, is that Hasselbeck has struggled with injuries the last few season and has begun to show his age.
If the Ken Whisenhunt and the Cardinals are looking for a quick fix that can help them win the division, Hasselbeck could fit the bill. If they're looking for a quarterback who can stick around awhile and help them attain a higher goal, they should probably look elsewhere.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!