Updated Jun 9, 2011 - 12:37 pm
Breaston says lockout is all about greed
Steve Breaston has a lot of free time on his hands thanks to the NFL lockout. While some players have taken to the Internet to openly admit they're looking at the work stoppage like kids look at summer, as an extended vacation, the Arizona Cardinals' wide receiver has turned to YouTube to let fans know he feels their pain.
Breaston, who goes by S15Phantom on the video site, likes to express his feelings through poetry. On Thursday he shared with the world how he feels about the league's labor dispute in a piece entitled: ‘A League Deferred'.
With lines like ‘They say it's about business, but I'm here with no business at all', ‘Doesn't matter what kind of arguments we present, it feels like it's all about greed' and ‘I understand how ironic it is that I've told the kid to play 60, but we might not play a minute', he makes his stance very clear.
He isn't happy with the owners or his own trade association, he just wants to play football.
In a league where the dollars are more important than common sense and where fans seem to be about as important as modesty is to Lady Gaga, it's refreshing to hear Breaston ask the questions most of us have been wondering for the better part of three months.
"They're just seen competing for money in court looking like a poor sport, that's making billions. Putting more than just the players on the bench, but I guess with all this money involved, who cares about my two cents."
Steve, the fans care about your two cents and appreciate your perspective. It's one of the few that shows players care about them more than they care about some extra time off.
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest-paid CB
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.