Updated Jun 9, 2011 - 12:37 pm
Breaston says lockout is all about greed
Steve Breaston has a lot of free time on his hands thanks to the NFL lockout. While some players have taken to the Internet to openly admit they're looking at the work stoppage like kids look at summer, as an extended vacation, the Arizona Cardinals' wide receiver has turned to YouTube to let fans know he feels their pain.
Breaston, who goes by S15Phantom on the video site, likes to express his feelings through poetry. On Thursday he shared with the world how he feels about the league's labor dispute in a piece entitled: ‘A League Deferred'.
With lines like ‘They say it's about business, but I'm here with no business at all', ‘Doesn't matter what kind of arguments we present, it feels like it's all about greed' and ‘I understand how ironic it is that I've told the kid to play 60, but we might not play a minute', he makes his stance very clear.
He isn't happy with the owners or his own trade association, he just wants to play football.
In a league where the dollars are more important than common sense and where fans seem to be about as important as modesty is to Lady Gaga, it's refreshing to hear Breaston ask the questions most of us have been wondering for the better part of three months.
"They're just seen competing for money in court looking like a poor sport, that's making billions. Putting more than just the players on the bench, but I guess with all this money involved, who cares about my two cents."
Steve, the fans care about your two cents and appreciate your perspective. It's one of the few that shows players care about them more than they care about some extra time off.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.