Updated Jun 9, 2011 - 2:50 pm
Eagles' president talks Kolb trade
Will the Philadelphia Eagles actually trade Kevin Kolb when the lockout is finally over? It's a question that has floated around the Internet for the past few weeks after former Philly wideout Freddie Mitchell told the backup quarterback he couldn't trust Andy Reid's word.
On Thursday Eagles president Joe Banner, according to Philadelphia Sports Daily, addressed that question without really clearing anything up.
When the doors reopen we'll have a plan that we'll attempt to implement. I think Andy [Reid] has spoken about the fact that while we were allowed to, there were a number of teams that expressed interest in Kevin. When the opportunity presents itself we'll have to get back together with those teams and see if they're still interested, and if so what they would do, and in the end make a decision that for the Eagles and for Kevin makes the most sense.
Will trading Kolb make the most sense for the Eagles? Maybe not when you consider who their starting quarterback is.
Mike Vick's style of play lends itself to injuries. Can Reid and his team afford to go into the season with no true ‘safety net' if their stat gets hurt?
That question may be the biggest hurdle between the Arizona Cardinals and obtaining their quarterback of the future. The reported price tag may be high for Kolb, but that may be because the Eagles understand just how much is riding on whether they deal him or not.
When the lockout is lifted we'll see just how much a team like the Cards will have to offer the Eagles to convince them trading Kolb makes sense for all parties involved.
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinals’ draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.