Updated Jun 9, 2011 - 2:50 pm
Eagles' president talks Kolb trade
Will the Philadelphia Eagles actually trade Kevin Kolb when the lockout is finally over? It's a question that has floated around the Internet for the past few weeks after former Philly wideout Freddie Mitchell told the backup quarterback he couldn't trust Andy Reid's word.
On Thursday Eagles president Joe Banner, according to Philadelphia Sports Daily, addressed that question without really clearing anything up.
When the doors reopen we'll have a plan that we'll attempt to implement. I think Andy [Reid] has spoken about the fact that while we were allowed to, there were a number of teams that expressed interest in Kevin. When the opportunity presents itself we'll have to get back together with those teams and see if they're still interested, and if so what they would do, and in the end make a decision that for the Eagles and for Kevin makes the most sense.
Will trading Kolb make the most sense for the Eagles? Maybe not when you consider who their starting quarterback is.
Mike Vick's style of play lends itself to injuries. Can Reid and his team afford to go into the season with no true ‘safety net' if their stat gets hurt?
That question may be the biggest hurdle between the Arizona Cardinals and obtaining their quarterback of the future. The reported price tag may be high for Kolb, but that may be because the Eagles understand just how much is riding on whether they deal him or not.
When the lockout is lifted we'll see just how much a team like the Cards will have to offer the Eagles to convince them trading Kolb makes sense for all parties involved.
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!