Updated Jun 9, 2011 - 2:50 pm
Eagles' president talks Kolb trade
Will the Philadelphia Eagles actually trade Kevin Kolb when the lockout is finally over? It's a question that has floated around the Internet for the past few weeks after former Philly wideout Freddie Mitchell told the backup quarterback he couldn't trust Andy Reid's word.
On Thursday Eagles president Joe Banner, according to Philadelphia Sports Daily, addressed that question without really clearing anything up.
When the doors reopen we'll have a plan that we'll attempt to implement. I think Andy [Reid] has spoken about the fact that while we were allowed to, there were a number of teams that expressed interest in Kevin. When the opportunity presents itself we'll have to get back together with those teams and see if they're still interested, and if so what they would do, and in the end make a decision that for the Eagles and for Kevin makes the most sense.
Will trading Kolb make the most sense for the Eagles? Maybe not when you consider who their starting quarterback is.
Mike Vick's style of play lends itself to injuries. Can Reid and his team afford to go into the season with no true ‘safety net' if their stat gets hurt?
That question may be the biggest hurdle between the Arizona Cardinals and obtaining their quarterback of the future. The reported price tag may be high for Kolb, but that may be because the Eagles understand just how much is riding on whether they deal him or not.
When the lockout is lifted we'll see just how much a team like the Cards will have to offer the Eagles to convince them trading Kolb makes sense for all parties involved.
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves