Updated Jun 9, 2011 - 2:50 pm
Eagles' president talks Kolb trade
Will the Philadelphia Eagles actually trade Kevin Kolb when the lockout is finally over? It's a question that has floated around the Internet for the past few weeks after former Philly wideout Freddie Mitchell told the backup quarterback he couldn't trust Andy Reid's word.
On Thursday Eagles president Joe Banner, according to Philadelphia Sports Daily, addressed that question without really clearing anything up.
When the doors reopen we'll have a plan that we'll attempt to implement. I think Andy [Reid] has spoken about the fact that while we were allowed to, there were a number of teams that expressed interest in Kevin. When the opportunity presents itself we'll have to get back together with those teams and see if they're still interested, and if so what they would do, and in the end make a decision that for the Eagles and for Kevin makes the most sense.
Will trading Kolb make the most sense for the Eagles? Maybe not when you consider who their starting quarterback is.
Mike Vick's style of play lends itself to injuries. Can Reid and his team afford to go into the season with no true ‘safety net' if their stat gets hurt?
That question may be the biggest hurdle between the Arizona Cardinals and obtaining their quarterback of the future. The reported price tag may be high for Kolb, but that may be because the Eagles understand just how much is riding on whether they deal him or not.
When the lockout is lifted we'll see just how much a team like the Cards will have to offer the Eagles to convince them trading Kolb makes sense for all parties involved.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.