Updated Jun 9, 2011 - 1:16 pm
Is Carson Palmer to Arizona still possible?
Instead, the Cardinals have had plenty of time to weigh their options and to provide media and fans with enough gossip and rumors to keep high school girls happy.
Carson Palmer is a name that has faded as of late. Most of the attention has turned to either Kevin Kolb or Kyle Orton, but some feel Palmer is still a viable option. Mike Sando of ESPN.com wrote that if he were the Cardinals, he would try to acquire Palmer.
Impossible to make a decision independent of the price. If each were available for free and amenable to a long-term deal, I would rule out McNabb, then consider Palmer as my first option pending a full medical review to get a feel for how long he might be able to play, and at what level. If Palmer did not check out, I would lean toward Orton based on the fact that he has produced more consistently, whereas it is tougher to know what Kolb offers.
Sando's analysis is an interesting one because it appears to be in the exact opposite order of most reports that seem to think the Cardinals are more interested in Kolb than Orton.
Palmer is certainly the most proven, and talented, of the three quarterbacks, but would the asking price be too high for Arizona?
Cincinnati clearly does not want to trade their quarterback and would probably be asking for a lot in return.
Palmer would instantly turn the Cardinals into a contender in NFC West, but he might be a bit of a reach.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.