Updated Jul 25, 2011 - 9:38 am
Arizona Cardinals free agency wish list
Although quarterback is an important position, teams that go 5-11 usually have more than one hole and the Cardinals are no different.
Arizona could use help on the offensive line as well as at the linebacker position and there are a few names that will be available in free agency once the lockout ends.
Matt Light: Although Light has spent the last nine season with the Patriots, there is a chance he will need to find a new home in 2011. The Patriots like Light and want to resign him, but they may not want to get into a bidding war. If the Cardinals can make a competitive offer, the Patriots may cave.
Kyle Kosier: Kosier has spent the last five season in Dallas and has been a very consistent member of their offensive line. The Cowboys will certainly try to resign Kosier, but Arizona should make a play for the lineman as well because a consistent starting lineman would be a huge boost for the Arizona offense.
Ephraim Salaam: Salaam has had an up-and-down career. He has started 129 of the 159 games he has played in and while he may not be the biggest or best name available, he may be someone that cheaply slides under the radar.
Takeo Spikes: A nine-year NFL veteran, Takeo Spikes started all 16 games last season and accounted for 82 solo tackles. While the 49ers would like to re-sign Spikes, he has not participated in team workouts this offseason because his future with the team is unclear. While he has not said anything publicly, Spikes unwillingness to workout could suggest a desired change of scenery.
Kirk Morrison: Having started 16 games for five straight seasons, Morrison is as consistent as they come. The former San Diego State Aztec recorded 64 solo tackles last season.
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.