Updated Jun 23, 2011 - 9:39 am
Eagles' asking price for Kevin Kolb has changed
The lockout could cost the Arizona Cardinals a lot more than OTAs and mini camps. It could cost them a player.
It's starting to sound like the price the Philadelphia Eagles are seeking for Kevin Kolb may have changed thanks to all the free time on their hands. They believe they're contenders in 2011 so, according to ESPN, instead of 2012 draft picks, they are seeking a player in return for the backup signal caller.
Interestingly, Paolantonio also mentioned that instead of trading Kevin Kolb for 2012 draft picks, the Eagles will instead focus on getting a player that can help them in 2011. This revelation certainly alters things from that perspective, though it's not altogether surprising.
Just what exactly do the Eagles need that the Cardinals have? It looks like cornerbacks or defensive linemen may be the answer.
Both teams have holes to fill at linebacker and offensive line so there wouldn't be a match there, but the Cards may have something that intrigues the Eagles at the other two positions.
You want possible names? We won't give them to you, mostly because that would be more irresponsible than telling you to go swimming right after eating. That said, we know the Cardinals are interested in Kolb and we know what the Eagles need, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what might work for both sides.
After last season it wouldn't really matter who, outside of Larry Fitzgerald, wasn't on the Cardinals roster this season as long as it landed them a quality starting quarterback.
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.