Updated Jun 23, 2011 - 9:39 am
Eagles' asking price for Kevin Kolb has changed
The lockout could cost the Arizona Cardinals a lot more than OTAs and mini camps. It could cost them a player.
It's starting to sound like the price the Philadelphia Eagles are seeking for Kevin Kolb may have changed thanks to all the free time on their hands. They believe they're contenders in 2011 so, according to ESPN, instead of 2012 draft picks, they are seeking a player in return for the backup signal caller.
Interestingly, Paolantonio also mentioned that instead of trading Kevin Kolb for 2012 draft picks, the Eagles will instead focus on getting a player that can help them in 2011. This revelation certainly alters things from that perspective, though it's not altogether surprising.
Just what exactly do the Eagles need that the Cardinals have? It looks like cornerbacks or defensive linemen may be the answer.
Both teams have holes to fill at linebacker and offensive line so there wouldn't be a match there, but the Cards may have something that intrigues the Eagles at the other two positions.
You want possible names? We won't give them to you, mostly because that would be more irresponsible than telling you to go swimming right after eating. That said, we know the Cardinals are interested in Kolb and we know what the Eagles need, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what might work for both sides.
After last season it wouldn't really matter who, outside of Larry Fitzgerald, wasn't on the Cardinals roster this season as long as it landed them a quality starting quarterback.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.