Updated Jun 23, 2011 - 9:39 am
Eagles' asking price for Kevin Kolb has changed
The lockout could cost the Arizona Cardinals a lot more than OTAs and mini camps. It could cost them a player.
It's starting to sound like the price the Philadelphia Eagles are seeking for Kevin Kolb may have changed thanks to all the free time on their hands. They believe they're contenders in 2011 so, according to ESPN, instead of 2012 draft picks, they are seeking a player in return for the backup signal caller.
Interestingly, Paolantonio also mentioned that instead of trading Kevin Kolb for 2012 draft picks, the Eagles will instead focus on getting a player that can help them in 2011. This revelation certainly alters things from that perspective, though it's not altogether surprising.
Just what exactly do the Eagles need that the Cardinals have? It looks like cornerbacks or defensive linemen may be the answer.
Both teams have holes to fill at linebacker and offensive line so there wouldn't be a match there, but the Cards may have something that intrigues the Eagles at the other two positions.
You want possible names? We won't give them to you, mostly because that would be more irresponsible than telling you to go swimming right after eating. That said, we know the Cardinals are interested in Kolb and we know what the Eagles need, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what might work for both sides.
After last season it wouldn't really matter who, outside of Larry Fitzgerald, wasn't on the Cardinals roster this season as long as it landed them a quality starting quarterback.
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!