Updated Jun 23, 2011 - 9:39 am
Eagles' asking price for Kevin Kolb has changed
The lockout could cost the Arizona Cardinals a lot more than OTAs and mini camps. It could cost them a player.
It's starting to sound like the price the Philadelphia Eagles are seeking for Kevin Kolb may have changed thanks to all the free time on their hands. They believe they're contenders in 2011 so, according to ESPN, instead of 2012 draft picks, they are seeking a player in return for the backup signal caller.
Interestingly, Paolantonio also mentioned that instead of trading Kevin Kolb for 2012 draft picks, the Eagles will instead focus on getting a player that can help them in 2011. This revelation certainly alters things from that perspective, though it's not altogether surprising.
Just what exactly do the Eagles need that the Cardinals have? It looks like cornerbacks or defensive linemen may be the answer.
Both teams have holes to fill at linebacker and offensive line so there wouldn't be a match there, but the Cards may have something that intrigues the Eagles at the other two positions.
You want possible names? We won't give them to you, mostly because that would be more irresponsible than telling you to go swimming right after eating. That said, we know the Cardinals are interested in Kolb and we know what the Eagles need, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what might work for both sides.
After last season it wouldn't really matter who, outside of Larry Fitzgerald, wasn't on the Cardinals roster this season as long as it landed them a quality starting quarterback.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.