Eagles' asking price for Kevin Kolb has changed
The lockout could cost the Arizona Cardinals a lot more than OTAs and mini camps. It could cost them a player.
It's starting to sound like the price the Philadelphia Eagles are seeking for Kevin Kolb may have changed thanks to all the free time on their hands. They believe they're contenders in 2011 so, according to ESPN, instead of 2012 draft picks, they are seeking a player in return for the backup signal caller.
Interestingly, Paolantonio also mentioned that instead of trading Kevin Kolb for 2012 draft picks, the Eagles will instead focus on getting a player that can help them in 2011. This revelation certainly alters things from that perspective, though it's not altogether surprising.
Just what exactly do the Eagles need that the Cardinals have? It looks like cornerbacks or defensive linemen may be the answer.
Both teams have holes to fill at linebacker and offensive line so there wouldn't be a match there, but the Cards may have something that intrigues the Eagles at the other two positions.
You want possible names? We won't give them to you, mostly because that would be more irresponsible than telling you to go swimming right after eating. That said, we know the Cardinals are interested in Kolb and we know what the Eagles need, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what might work for both sides.
After last season it wouldn't really matter who, outside of Larry Fitzgerald, wasn't on the Cardinals roster this season as long as it landed them a quality starting quarterback.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.