Updated Jun 24, 2011 - 12:56 pm
Wolf: I'll trade DRC for Kevin Kolb
They say in life there are no guarantees. The same can be said when it comes to the Arizona Cardinals quarterback conundrum.
"There are no guarantees that you could trade for any veteran quarterback out there," Ron Wolfley said on Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf Friday morning. "There are no guarantees you could bring in a free agent. There are no guarantees that you could draft a quarterback No. 1."
If there is no guarantee it makes the rumor of trading cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for Philadelphia Eagles Kevin Kolb an interesting proposition. Do you take a chance and send a former Pro Bowl defender for a quarterback who could possibly lead your franchise for the next decade?
"The question becomes about Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie," Wolf said. "It is speculation as to whether or not this deal is actually out there. If Rodgers-Cromartie would just change his approach there's no way I would do that. If DRC ever matures there's no way I'd do that deal. The question is will he ever mature? As it stands right now, I'm doing the deal. I'm going to pull the trigger on that. I'll trade DRC for Kevin Kolb."
Kolb may not be a sure thing, but the Cardinals need to take a chance when it comes to finding their next quarterback.
Whether it's Kolb, Kyle Orton or Carson Palmer, the Cardinals need to find a quality quarterback to lead the way. If they don't, the only thing that's guaranteed in 2011 is they'll struggle yet again.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.