Updated Jun 24, 2011 - 12:56 pm
Wolf: I'll trade DRC for Kevin Kolb
They say in life there are no guarantees. The same can be said when it comes to the Arizona Cardinals quarterback conundrum.
"There are no guarantees that you could trade for any veteran quarterback out there," Ron Wolfley said on Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf Friday morning. "There are no guarantees you could bring in a free agent. There are no guarantees that you could draft a quarterback No. 1."
If there is no guarantee it makes the rumor of trading cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for Philadelphia Eagles Kevin Kolb an interesting proposition. Do you take a chance and send a former Pro Bowl defender for a quarterback who could possibly lead your franchise for the next decade?
"The question becomes about Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie," Wolf said. "It is speculation as to whether or not this deal is actually out there. If Rodgers-Cromartie would just change his approach there's no way I would do that. If DRC ever matures there's no way I'd do that deal. The question is will he ever mature? As it stands right now, I'm doing the deal. I'm going to pull the trigger on that. I'll trade DRC for Kevin Kolb."
Kolb may not be a sure thing, but the Cardinals need to take a chance when it comes to finding their next quarterback.
Whether it's Kolb, Kyle Orton or Carson Palmer, the Cardinals need to find a quality quarterback to lead the way. If they don't, the only thing that's guaranteed in 2011 is they'll struggle yet again.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.