Updated Jun 24, 2011 - 12:56 pm
Wolf: I'll trade DRC for Kevin Kolb
They say in life there are no guarantees. The same can be said when it comes to the Arizona Cardinals quarterback conundrum.
"There are no guarantees that you could trade for any veteran quarterback out there," Ron Wolfley said on Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf Friday morning. "There are no guarantees you could bring in a free agent. There are no guarantees that you could draft a quarterback No. 1."
If there is no guarantee it makes the rumor of trading cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for Philadelphia Eagles Kevin Kolb an interesting proposition. Do you take a chance and send a former Pro Bowl defender for a quarterback who could possibly lead your franchise for the next decade?
"The question becomes about Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie," Wolf said. "It is speculation as to whether or not this deal is actually out there. If Rodgers-Cromartie would just change his approach there's no way I would do that. If DRC ever matures there's no way I'd do that deal. The question is will he ever mature? As it stands right now, I'm doing the deal. I'm going to pull the trigger on that. I'll trade DRC for Kevin Kolb."
Kolb may not be a sure thing, but the Cardinals need to take a chance when it comes to finding their next quarterback.
Whether it's Kolb, Kyle Orton or Carson Palmer, the Cardinals need to find a quality quarterback to lead the way. If they don't, the only thing that's guaranteed in 2011 is they'll struggle yet again.
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.