Updated Jul 6, 2011 - 6:05 pm
Former Cardinal wants Vince Young as QB
PHOENIX - While the world waits for the NFL lockout to be over so the Arizona Cardinals can ratchet up their pursuit of Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb, a former Cardinals player has thrown a new name and quarterback the team should look into acquiring before Kolb.
Former Cardinals defensive lineman Bertrand Berry believes Titans quarterback Vince Young would be the best answer for Arizona at quarterback.
"The next team that lands him is going to get a very motivated guy that has a lot to prove. If he gets somebody who believes and trusts him, he can be a great quarterback," said Berry on the Sports 620 KTAR's Gambo and Ash show.
Berry remembers having a difficult time having to game-plan for the former Texas quarterback because of his ability to beat teams with his arm and feet.
"He presents a dual threat. His instincts are very good in the pocket. He would be an asset to any team that picked him up," said Berry.
Young never seemed to get a fair shake in Tennessee having not been on good terms with coach Jeff Fisher.
It's unclear what the asking price for Young would be, but Berry also isn't a big believer in Kevin Kolb and doesn't want to see his former team pursue the Eagles quarterback.
"I don't like the idea of taking somebody else's castaway. He's a castaway for a reason. I'm not real big on bringing in somebody who was looked over in somebody else's organization," said Berry.
Berry believes if Kolb was the real deal, he would be staying in Philadelphia.
If the Cardinals do have a deal already in place for Kolb, like many suspect, maybe the team should re-think their position and explore what it would cost to land Young.
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.