Ken Whisenhunt thinks Arizona Cardinals have a lot to offer a quarterback
When selling real estate it's all about ‘curb appeal', a strategy where you make your property look as interesting as possible to potential buyers who pass by. It sounds like the Arizona Cardinals are taking a similar approach in their attempt to land a new quarterback.
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt, as a guest on ESPN Radio's Scott Van Pelt Show, shared just how the Cardinals will approach their quarterback situation when the lockout is lifted. It sounds like a lot of it will be based on show casing the offensive pieces the team already has in place.
"That's an area we want to address but like you said, it's like a test, there are multiple answers," Whisenhunt told the host. "There are a number of guys out there through free agency or trade that we're going to have an opportunity to get and we feel good about a number of those guys.
"We're going to come out of the gate trying to do our best to get one of those to have that question answered and I feel like we will. You know the one thing that we like; we've got a lot to offer. We've got a young team, we've got some talented players, we've got Larry Fitzgerald. It's something that I would think would be very enticing to a quarterback to know this is a team that's been very proficient passing the ball in the year's past."
Whisenhunt admits there are numerous options the Cards will pursue when the new league year begins but exactly who they are remains a mystery (that is if you haven't been online in the last four months).
Will Larry Fitzgerald and a quartet of running backs be enough to entice a top free agent quarterback to come to the Valley? Will it even matter if the team is looking to acquire a signal caller via trade? If rumors are to be believed, we may be finding out that answer sooner rather than later.
- Bruce Arians and Charles Barkley in agreement on gay athlete issue
- Tyrann Mathieu making 'believers'
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br