Updated Jul 7, 2011 - 1:57 pm
Ken Whisenhunt thinks Arizona Cardinals have a lot to offer a quarterback
When selling real estate it's all about ‘curb appeal', a strategy where you make your property look as interesting as possible to potential buyers who pass by. It sounds like the Arizona Cardinals are taking a similar approach in their attempt to land a new quarterback.
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt, as a guest on ESPN Radio's Scott Van Pelt Show, shared just how the Cardinals will approach their quarterback situation when the lockout is lifted. It sounds like a lot of it will be based on show casing the offensive pieces the team already has in place.
"That's an area we want to address but like you said, it's like a test, there are multiple answers," Whisenhunt told the host. "There are a number of guys out there through free agency or trade that we're going to have an opportunity to get and we feel good about a number of those guys.
"We're going to come out of the gate trying to do our best to get one of those to have that question answered and I feel like we will. You know the one thing that we like; we've got a lot to offer. We've got a young team, we've got some talented players, we've got Larry Fitzgerald. It's something that I would think would be very enticing to a quarterback to know this is a team that's been very proficient passing the ball in the year's past."
Whisenhunt admits there are numerous options the Cards will pursue when the new league year begins but exactly who they are remains a mystery (that is if you haven't been online in the last four months).
Will Larry Fitzgerald and a quartet of running backs be enough to entice a top free agent quarterback to come to the Valley? Will it even matter if the team is looking to acquire a signal caller via trade? If rumors are to be believed, we may be finding out that answer sooner rather than later.
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinals’ draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.