Updated Jul 7, 2011 - 1:57 pm
Ken Whisenhunt thinks Arizona Cardinals have a lot to offer a quarterback
When selling real estate it's all about ‘curb appeal', a strategy where you make your property look as interesting as possible to potential buyers who pass by. It sounds like the Arizona Cardinals are taking a similar approach in their attempt to land a new quarterback.
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt, as a guest on ESPN Radio's Scott Van Pelt Show, shared just how the Cardinals will approach their quarterback situation when the lockout is lifted. It sounds like a lot of it will be based on show casing the offensive pieces the team already has in place.
"That's an area we want to address but like you said, it's like a test, there are multiple answers," Whisenhunt told the host. "There are a number of guys out there through free agency or trade that we're going to have an opportunity to get and we feel good about a number of those guys.
"We're going to come out of the gate trying to do our best to get one of those to have that question answered and I feel like we will. You know the one thing that we like; we've got a lot to offer. We've got a young team, we've got some talented players, we've got Larry Fitzgerald. It's something that I would think would be very enticing to a quarterback to know this is a team that's been very proficient passing the ball in the year's past."
Whisenhunt admits there are numerous options the Cards will pursue when the new league year begins but exactly who they are remains a mystery (that is if you haven't been online in the last four months).
Will Larry Fitzgerald and a quartet of running backs be enough to entice a top free agent quarterback to come to the Valley? Will it even matter if the team is looking to acquire a signal caller via trade? If rumors are to be believed, we may be finding out that answer sooner rather than later.
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b