Updated Jul 13, 2011 - 11:28 pm
Dockett has the Cards' biggest mouth -- and that's a good thing
Darnell Dockett is a character.
He tweets while being pulled over by the police, about his pet alligator and, well, anything else that's on his mind.
He's funny, confusing and, sometimes, frustrating.
But he's not James Harrison.
Harrison, of course, is the Steelers linebacker who, among other things, voiced his displeasure for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and complained about how his QB, Ben Roethlisberger, basically lost Super Bowl XLV a few months back.
In the words of Chad Ochocinco, child please.
Harrison's statements are moronic at best, disturbing at worst. Still, one of the things that separates Dockett from Harrison is the fact that Nine-O never backs down from his comments. While he may not care what you think about him or what he said, he is at least willing to own up to the fact that those are actually his words.
Harrison, on the other hand, is not. He came out later and claimed he was misquoted, or hacked, or whatever. It's an empty statement, really, because there is no doubt he said what he was quoted as saying.
Darnell Dockett and James Harrison. While both players say dumb things, the Cardinal has always come across as playful. Harrison? He just comes across as a guy who lacking a clue.
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.