Updated Jul 13, 2011 - 11:28 pm
Dockett has the Cards' biggest mouth -- and that's a good thing
Darnell Dockett is a character.
He tweets while being pulled over by the police, about his pet alligator and, well, anything else that's on his mind.
He's funny, confusing and, sometimes, frustrating.
But he's not James Harrison.
Harrison, of course, is the Steelers linebacker who, among other things, voiced his displeasure for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and complained about how his QB, Ben Roethlisberger, basically lost Super Bowl XLV a few months back.
In the words of Chad Ochocinco, child please.
Harrison's statements are moronic at best, disturbing at worst. Still, one of the things that separates Dockett from Harrison is the fact that Nine-O never backs down from his comments. While he may not care what you think about him or what he said, he is at least willing to own up to the fact that those are actually his words.
Harrison, on the other hand, is not. He came out later and claimed he was misquoted, or hacked, or whatever. It's an empty statement, really, because there is no doubt he said what he was quoted as saying.
Darnell Dockett and James Harrison. While both players say dumb things, the Cardinal has always come across as playful. Harrison? He just comes across as a guy who lacking a clue.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.