Updated Jul 13, 2011 - 11:28 pm
Dockett has the Cards' biggest mouth -- and that's a good thing
Darnell Dockett is a character.
He tweets while being pulled over by the police, about his pet alligator and, well, anything else that's on his mind.
He's funny, confusing and, sometimes, frustrating.
But he's not James Harrison.
Harrison, of course, is the Steelers linebacker who, among other things, voiced his displeasure for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and complained about how his QB, Ben Roethlisberger, basically lost Super Bowl XLV a few months back.
In the words of Chad Ochocinco, child please.
Harrison's statements are moronic at best, disturbing at worst. Still, one of the things that separates Dockett from Harrison is the fact that Nine-O never backs down from his comments. While he may not care what you think about him or what he said, he is at least willing to own up to the fact that those are actually his words.
Harrison, on the other hand, is not. He came out later and claimed he was misquoted, or hacked, or whatever. It's an empty statement, really, because there is no doubt he said what he was quoted as saying.
Darnell Dockett and James Harrison. While both players say dumb things, the Cardinal has always come across as playful. Harrison? He just comes across as a guy who lacking a clue.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.