Updated Jul 13, 2011 - 11:28 pm
Dockett has the Cards' biggest mouth -- and that's a good thing
Darnell Dockett is a character.
He tweets while being pulled over by the police, about his pet alligator and, well, anything else that's on his mind.
He's funny, confusing and, sometimes, frustrating.
But he's not James Harrison.
Harrison, of course, is the Steelers linebacker who, among other things, voiced his displeasure for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and complained about how his QB, Ben Roethlisberger, basically lost Super Bowl XLV a few months back.
In the words of Chad Ochocinco, child please.
Harrison's statements are moronic at best, disturbing at worst. Still, one of the things that separates Dockett from Harrison is the fact that Nine-O never backs down from his comments. While he may not care what you think about him or what he said, he is at least willing to own up to the fact that those are actually his words.
Harrison, on the other hand, is not. He came out later and claimed he was misquoted, or hacked, or whatever. It's an empty statement, really, because there is no doubt he said what he was quoted as saying.
Darnell Dockett and James Harrison. While both players say dumb things, the Cardinal has always come across as playful. Harrison? He just comes across as a guy who lacking a clue.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.