Updated Jul 14, 2011 - 12:18 pm
The Arizona Cardinals and Seattle Seahawks set to battle over Kevin Kolb
As division rivals the Arizona Cardinals and Seattle Seahawks go head-to-head twice a year. Thanks to the lockout and a lack of first string quarterbacks on the rosters, the two teams may square off three times in 2011.
No, part of the new collective bargaining agreement won't include a third game against division opponents -- heck, if the lockout doesn't end soon who knows if the season will include two division games. However, it does sound like the Cardinals and Seahawks could faceoff in a battle for Kevin Kolb.
He may not be the first person, but ESPN's Sal Paolantonio is the latest to state that the two teams are both in pursuit of the Eagles signal caller.
"I think it's between Arizona and Seattle. It depends on a lot of different things, he said on ESPN radio. "The Eagles are in a position where they keep talking about this is the year they're all in. To me, you've got to get something that helps you this year in return for Kolb. If it's just a pick in 2012 that doesn't help you this year then you've squandered a valuable commodity that you could have used this season because Michael Vick lost three and a half weeks to injury last year."
While we've heard that both teams will try to pry Kolb away from Philadelphia, it's interesting to learn from an Eagles insider that the price will likely be more than just a draft pick. As Paolantonio says, if Andy Reid thinks his team is a contender this year a first round draft pick doesn't do anything to put them over the top. The question is, what will?
Whether the Cardinals or Seahawks are be willing to give up more than picks for Kolb is still a mystery. What isn't is the fact that both teams will be competing to see who will be the first to get the Eagles on the line the second the lockout is lifted.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up