The Arizona Cardinals and Seattle Seahawks set to battle over Kevin Kolb
As division rivals the Arizona Cardinals and Seattle Seahawks go head-to-head twice a year. Thanks to the lockout and a lack of first string quarterbacks on the rosters, the two teams may square off three times in 2011.
No, part of the new collective bargaining agreement won't include a third game against division opponents -- heck, if the lockout doesn't end soon who knows if the season will include two division games. However, it does sound like the Cardinals and Seahawks could faceoff in a battle for Kevin Kolb.
He may not be the first person, but ESPN's Sal Paolantonio is the latest to state that the two teams are both in pursuit of the Eagles signal caller.
"I think it's between Arizona and Seattle. It depends on a lot of different things, he said on ESPN radio. "The Eagles are in a position where they keep talking about this is the year they're all in. To me, you've got to get something that helps you this year in return for Kolb. If it's just a pick in 2012 that doesn't help you this year then you've squandered a valuable commodity that you could have used this season because Michael Vick lost three and a half weeks to injury last year."
While we've heard that both teams will try to pry Kolb away from Philadelphia, it's interesting to learn from an Eagles insider that the price will likely be more than just a draft pick. As Paolantonio says, if Andy Reid thinks his team is a contender this year a first round draft pick doesn't do anything to put them over the top. The question is, what will?
Whether the Cardinals or Seahawks are be willing to give up more than picks for Kolb is still a mystery. What isn't is the fact that both teams will be competing to see who will be the first to get the Eagles on the line the second the lockout is lifted.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.