Updated Jul 19, 2011 - 9:01 am
Whisenhunt: There are a few QBs out there that can help us
Don't worry Arizona Cardinals fans, head coach Ken Whisenhunt isn't losing sleep over the quarterback position and, if you believe what he has to say, neither should you.
"The two things that allow me to sleep at night are that we're going to be aggressive in pursuing a quarterback and trying to get one of these guys No. 1," the head coach said as a guest of Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf. "The second thing is, I really believe that this is a good environment for a quarterback to come to and I think that will be attractive to these quarterbacks."
With the NFL lockout seemingly moving towards a resolution faster than Patrick Peterson runs a 40-yard-dash, it's time for Whisenhunt and the Cards front office to start focusing on who exactly that signal caller will be. It sounds like they're keeping their options open
Could those few guys be Kevin Kolb and Kyle Orton? If you believe all the rumors and speculation over the last four months that's probably a safe bet. What is interesting is that this seems to be the first time that the head coach is admitting that they'll pursue numerous options at quarterback.
While the popular assumption is that the Cardinals will attempt to acquire Kevin Kolb the second they are allowed to talk trades with other teams, it sounds like they will play it smart and figure out which quarterback will prove to be the best value overall.
Like we said, Cardinals fans shouldn't worry about the quarterback position, Whisenhunt sure doesn't seem to be.
"I don't know who our quarterback is going to be, but I do feel very good that it's going to be one of the guys out there that we're going to have an opportunity to get."
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.