Whisenhunt: There are a few QBs out there that can help us
Don't worry Arizona Cardinals fans, head coach Ken Whisenhunt isn't losing sleep over the quarterback position and, if you believe what he has to say, neither should you.
"The two things that allow me to sleep at night are that we're going to be aggressive in pursuing a quarterback and trying to get one of these guys No. 1," the head coach said as a guest of Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf. "The second thing is, I really believe that this is a good environment for a quarterback to come to and I think that will be attractive to these quarterbacks."
With the NFL lockout seemingly moving towards a resolution faster than Patrick Peterson runs a 40-yard-dash, it's time for Whisenhunt and the Cards front office to start focusing on who exactly that signal caller will be. It sounds like they're keeping their options open
Could those few guys be Kevin Kolb and Kyle Orton? If you believe all the rumors and speculation over the last four months that's probably a safe bet. What is interesting is that this seems to be the first time that the head coach is admitting that they'll pursue numerous options at quarterback.
While the popular assumption is that the Cardinals will attempt to acquire Kevin Kolb the second they are allowed to talk trades with other teams, it sounds like they will play it smart and figure out which quarterback will prove to be the best value overall.
Like we said, Cardinals fans shouldn't worry about the quarterback position, Whisenhunt sure doesn't seem to be.
"I don't know who our quarterback is going to be, but I do feel very good that it's going to be one of the guys out there that we're going to have an opportunity to get."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.