Updated Jul 19, 2011 - 9:01 am
Whisenhunt: There are a few QBs out there that can help us
Don't worry Arizona Cardinals fans, head coach Ken Whisenhunt isn't losing sleep over the quarterback position and, if you believe what he has to say, neither should you.
"The two things that allow me to sleep at night are that we're going to be aggressive in pursuing a quarterback and trying to get one of these guys No. 1," the head coach said as a guest of Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf. "The second thing is, I really believe that this is a good environment for a quarterback to come to and I think that will be attractive to these quarterbacks."
With the NFL lockout seemingly moving towards a resolution faster than Patrick Peterson runs a 40-yard-dash, it's time for Whisenhunt and the Cards front office to start focusing on who exactly that signal caller will be. It sounds like they're keeping their options open
Could those few guys be Kevin Kolb and Kyle Orton? If you believe all the rumors and speculation over the last four months that's probably a safe bet. What is interesting is that this seems to be the first time that the head coach is admitting that they'll pursue numerous options at quarterback.
While the popular assumption is that the Cardinals will attempt to acquire Kevin Kolb the second they are allowed to talk trades with other teams, it sounds like they will play it smart and figure out which quarterback will prove to be the best value overall.
Like we said, Cardinals fans shouldn't worry about the quarterback position, Whisenhunt sure doesn't seem to be.
"I don't know who our quarterback is going to be, but I do feel very good that it's going to be one of the guys out there that we're going to have an opportunity to get."
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.