Updated Jul 19, 2011 - 9:01 am
Whisenhunt: There are a few QBs out there that can help us
Don't worry Arizona Cardinals fans, head coach Ken Whisenhunt isn't losing sleep over the quarterback position and, if you believe what he has to say, neither should you.
"The two things that allow me to sleep at night are that we're going to be aggressive in pursuing a quarterback and trying to get one of these guys No. 1," the head coach said as a guest of Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf. "The second thing is, I really believe that this is a good environment for a quarterback to come to and I think that will be attractive to these quarterbacks."
With the NFL lockout seemingly moving towards a resolution faster than Patrick Peterson runs a 40-yard-dash, it's time for Whisenhunt and the Cards front office to start focusing on who exactly that signal caller will be. It sounds like they're keeping their options open
Could those few guys be Kevin Kolb and Kyle Orton? If you believe all the rumors and speculation over the last four months that's probably a safe bet. What is interesting is that this seems to be the first time that the head coach is admitting that they'll pursue numerous options at quarterback.
While the popular assumption is that the Cardinals will attempt to acquire Kevin Kolb the second they are allowed to talk trades with other teams, it sounds like they will play it smart and figure out which quarterback will prove to be the best value overall.
Like we said, Cardinals fans shouldn't worry about the quarterback position, Whisenhunt sure doesn't seem to be.
"I don't know who our quarterback is going to be, but I do feel very good that it's going to be one of the guys out there that we're going to have an opportunity to get."
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.