Updated Jul 21, 2011 - 6:02 pm
Cardinals may be sold on Kevin Kolb, but Kurt Warner is not
It appears as though the Cardinals are close to finding their franchise QB, as a deal for Philadelphia's Kevin Kolb seems to be imminent.
However, Arizona's last franchise QB does not seem to be as high on the 27-year-old as others.
"You have a little more book on him than you would a college quarterback coming into the NFL," Kurt Warner told Sports 620 KTAR's Gambo and Ash. "Kevin Kolb's at least played at this level, he's showed his potential."
Warner talked about how of Kolb's seven starts, how he's had as many bad games as good.
Giving up high draft picks to acquire Kolb and then a big contract to sign him is risky, Warner said, because there is no guarantee the former second round pick will be as good as some people seem to hope.
But with 11 touchdowns and 14 interceptions to his credit, Kolb's overall body of work doesn't necessarily scream "next big thing."
So, Warner said the Cardinals better be confident in Kolb's abilities if they decide to go ahead and make a move. If that happens, the future hall of famer will be like the rest of us, watching and wondering if the Cardinals made the right decision.
"I just don't know if there's enough out there on him to say I'm convinced this guy can be a franchise guy," he said.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.