Updated Jul 21, 2011 - 6:02 pm
Cardinals may be sold on Kevin Kolb, but Kurt Warner is not
It appears as though the Cardinals are close to finding their franchise QB, as a deal for Philadelphia's Kevin Kolb seems to be imminent.
However, Arizona's last franchise QB does not seem to be as high on the 27-year-old as others.
"You have a little more book on him than you would a college quarterback coming into the NFL," Kurt Warner told Sports 620 KTAR's Gambo and Ash. "Kevin Kolb's at least played at this level, he's showed his potential."
Warner talked about how of Kolb's seven starts, how he's had as many bad games as good.
Giving up high draft picks to acquire Kolb and then a big contract to sign him is risky, Warner said, because there is no guarantee the former second round pick will be as good as some people seem to hope.
But with 11 touchdowns and 14 interceptions to his credit, Kolb's overall body of work doesn't necessarily scream "next big thing."
So, Warner said the Cardinals better be confident in Kolb's abilities if they decide to go ahead and make a move. If that happens, the future hall of famer will be like the rest of us, watching and wondering if the Cardinals made the right decision.
"I just don't know if there's enough out there on him to say I'm convinced this guy can be a franchise guy," he said.
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?