Updated Jul 21, 2011 - 6:02 pm
Cardinals may be sold on Kevin Kolb, but Kurt Warner is not
It appears as though the Cardinals are close to finding their franchise QB, as a deal for Philadelphia's Kevin Kolb seems to be imminent.
However, Arizona's last franchise QB does not seem to be as high on the 27-year-old as others.
"You have a little more book on him than you would a college quarterback coming into the NFL," Kurt Warner told Sports 620 KTAR's Gambo and Ash. "Kevin Kolb's at least played at this level, he's showed his potential."
Warner talked about how of Kolb's seven starts, how he's had as many bad games as good.
Giving up high draft picks to acquire Kolb and then a big contract to sign him is risky, Warner said, because there is no guarantee the former second round pick will be as good as some people seem to hope.
But with 11 touchdowns and 14 interceptions to his credit, Kolb's overall body of work doesn't necessarily scream "next big thing."
So, Warner said the Cardinals better be confident in Kolb's abilities if they decide to go ahead and make a move. If that happens, the future hall of famer will be like the rest of us, watching and wondering if the Cardinals made the right decision.
"I just don't know if there's enough out there on him to say I'm convinced this guy can be a franchise guy," he said.
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?