Updated Jul 21, 2011 - 6:03 pm
Hey Kevin Kolb, Larry Fitzgerald chooses you
With news of Larry Fitzgerald and Kevin Kolb working out together in Arizona coming down Thursday, all the attention has turned to whether or not this means Kolb to Arizona is basically a formality.
There are probably a few details that need to be worked out so that the Eagles backup can come lead the Cardinals, but at the very least this would seem to show that a certain Cardinals Pro Bowler would be satisfied if Kolb is indeed the choice.
"If that's not an American Idol-like audition I don't know what is," Sports 620 KTAR's Dave Burns said of the workout that likely involved Larry Fitzgerald being on the receiving end of some Kolb tosses. "Come on, that is tryout time, right?"
Burns and Sports 620 KTAR's John Gambadoro said it was a good idea if that was in fact the idea behind the workout.
"If the price tag was too high for Kolb...I was always of the belief you could wait until next year, get a stopgap," he said, adding that the Cards could have looked towards next year's rookie class for a solution. "The only problem with that is I don't know that Larry Fitzgerald is going to go through another 5-11 season.
"You've got to appease Fitz now."
Indeed, the threat of Fitzgerald leaving is not only legitimate, but something the Cardinals are probably thinking about as they map out the rest of this offseason.
However, the receiver has stated that winning is his top priority, so while he may approve of the team getting Kolb, if the QB struggles and takes the team down with him there's a good chance Fitz will be wearing a different team's uniform next season anyway.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.