Updated Jul 21, 2011 - 6:03 pm
Hey Kevin Kolb, Larry Fitzgerald chooses you
With news of Larry Fitzgerald and Kevin Kolb working out together in Arizona coming down Thursday, all the attention has turned to whether or not this means Kolb to Arizona is basically a formality.
There are probably a few details that need to be worked out so that the Eagles backup can come lead the Cardinals, but at the very least this would seem to show that a certain Cardinals Pro Bowler would be satisfied if Kolb is indeed the choice.
"If that's not an American Idol-like audition I don't know what is," Sports 620 KTAR's Dave Burns said of the workout that likely involved Larry Fitzgerald being on the receiving end of some Kolb tosses. "Come on, that is tryout time, right?"
Burns and Sports 620 KTAR's John Gambadoro said it was a good idea if that was in fact the idea behind the workout.
"If the price tag was too high for Kolb...I was always of the belief you could wait until next year, get a stopgap," he said, adding that the Cards could have looked towards next year's rookie class for a solution. "The only problem with that is I don't know that Larry Fitzgerald is going to go through another 5-11 season.
"You've got to appease Fitz now."
Indeed, the threat of Fitzgerald leaving is not only legitimate, but something the Cardinals are probably thinking about as they map out the rest of this offseason.
However, the receiver has stated that winning is his top priority, so while he may approve of the team getting Kolb, if the QB struggles and takes the team down with him there's a good chance Fitz will be wearing a different team's uniform next season anyway.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.