Updated Jul 21, 2011 - 6:03 pm
Hey Kevin Kolb, Larry Fitzgerald chooses you
With news of Larry Fitzgerald and Kevin Kolb working out together in Arizona coming down Thursday, all the attention has turned to whether or not this means Kolb to Arizona is basically a formality.
There are probably a few details that need to be worked out so that the Eagles backup can come lead the Cardinals, but at the very least this would seem to show that a certain Cardinals Pro Bowler would be satisfied if Kolb is indeed the choice.
"If that's not an American Idol-like audition I don't know what is," Sports 620 KTAR's Dave Burns said of the workout that likely involved Larry Fitzgerald being on the receiving end of some Kolb tosses. "Come on, that is tryout time, right?"
Burns and Sports 620 KTAR's John Gambadoro said it was a good idea if that was in fact the idea behind the workout.
"If the price tag was too high for Kolb...I was always of the belief you could wait until next year, get a stopgap," he said, adding that the Cards could have looked towards next year's rookie class for a solution. "The only problem with that is I don't know that Larry Fitzgerald is going to go through another 5-11 season.
"You've got to appease Fitz now."
Indeed, the threat of Fitzgerald leaving is not only legitimate, but something the Cardinals are probably thinking about as they map out the rest of this offseason.
However, the receiver has stated that winning is his top priority, so while he may approve of the team getting Kolb, if the QB struggles and takes the team down with him there's a good chance Fitz will be wearing a different team's uniform next season anyway.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b