Hey Kevin Kolb, Larry Fitzgerald chooses you
With news of Larry Fitzgerald and Kevin Kolb working out together in Arizona coming down Thursday, all the attention has turned to whether or not this means Kolb to Arizona is basically a formality.
There are probably a few details that need to be worked out so that the Eagles backup can come lead the Cardinals, but at the very least this would seem to show that a certain Cardinals Pro Bowler would be satisfied if Kolb is indeed the choice.
"If that's not an American Idol-like audition I don't know what is," Sports 620 KTAR's Dave Burns said of the workout that likely involved Larry Fitzgerald being on the receiving end of some Kolb tosses. "Come on, that is tryout time, right?"
Burns and Sports 620 KTAR's John Gambadoro said it was a good idea if that was in fact the idea behind the workout.
"If the price tag was too high for Kolb...I was always of the belief you could wait until next year, get a stopgap," he said, adding that the Cards could have looked towards next year's rookie class for a solution. "The only problem with that is I don't know that Larry Fitzgerald is going to go through another 5-11 season.
"You've got to appease Fitz now."
Indeed, the threat of Fitzgerald leaving is not only legitimate, but something the Cardinals are probably thinking about as they map out the rest of this offseason.
However, the receiver has stated that winning is his top priority, so while he may approve of the team getting Kolb, if the QB struggles and takes the team down with him there's a good chance Fitz will be wearing a different team's uniform next season anyway.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.