Updated Jul 21, 2011 - 1:56 pm
Report: Kolb, Fitzgerald worked out in Arizona
According to foxsportsarizona.com, Kolb and Larry Fitzgerald organized a private throwing session on the campus of Arizona State University earlier this month.
Aware of the media frenzy that would follow the two kept this workout private, but it has now leaked and makes it appear as if Kolb to Arizona is imminent.
There has been a lot of talk about Fitzgerald's role in the acquisition of a new quarterback as the wide out is entering the final year of his contract.
The Cardinals have said Fitzgerald does not have a say in who they will select as their starting quarterback in 2011.
Fitzgerald himself told Sports 620 KTAR's Paul Calvisi he leaves that up to the powers that be and focuses on his own job.
Although teams are not allowed to talk during the lockout, Thursday's news of Kolb looking for a house in Arizona coupled with the revelation that Kolb and Fitzgerald have worked out together will only increase speculation that Kevin Kolb will be the starting quarterback of the 2011 Arizona Cardinals.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.