Updated Jul 21, 2011 - 1:56 pm
Report: Kolb, Fitzgerald worked out in Arizona
According to foxsportsarizona.com, Kolb and Larry Fitzgerald organized a private throwing session on the campus of Arizona State University earlier this month.
Aware of the media frenzy that would follow the two kept this workout private, but it has now leaked and makes it appear as if Kolb to Arizona is imminent.
There has been a lot of talk about Fitzgerald's role in the acquisition of a new quarterback as the wide out is entering the final year of his contract.
The Cardinals have said Fitzgerald does not have a say in who they will select as their starting quarterback in 2011.
Fitzgerald himself told Sports 620 KTAR's Paul Calvisi he leaves that up to the powers that be and focuses on his own job.
Although teams are not allowed to talk during the lockout, Thursday's news of Kolb looking for a house in Arizona coupled with the revelation that Kolb and Fitzgerald have worked out together will only increase speculation that Kevin Kolb will be the starting quarterback of the 2011 Arizona Cardinals.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?