Updated Jul 21, 2011 - 1:56 pm
Report: Kolb, Fitzgerald worked out in Arizona
According to foxsportsarizona.com, Kolb and Larry Fitzgerald organized a private throwing session on the campus of Arizona State University earlier this month.
Aware of the media frenzy that would follow the two kept this workout private, but it has now leaked and makes it appear as if Kolb to Arizona is imminent.
There has been a lot of talk about Fitzgerald's role in the acquisition of a new quarterback as the wide out is entering the final year of his contract.
The Cardinals have said Fitzgerald does not have a say in who they will select as their starting quarterback in 2011.
Fitzgerald himself told Sports 620 KTAR's Paul Calvisi he leaves that up to the powers that be and focuses on his own job.
Although teams are not allowed to talk during the lockout, Thursday's news of Kolb looking for a house in Arizona coupled with the revelation that Kolb and Fitzgerald have worked out together will only increase speculation that Kevin Kolb will be the starting quarterback of the 2011 Arizona Cardinals.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.