Updated Jul 21, 2011 - 12:57 pm
Re-up or Reject: Early Doucet
Not every Cardinal free agent is free to just choose his next team. Some are restricted, meaning the Cardinals can match any offer they sign with another squad.
Receiver Early Doucet is one such player, and he presents one of the more interesting decisions for the Cardinals to make.
Re-up: Taken in the third round of the 2008 draft, Doucet has shown some impressive ability. He has good hands and can take a hit, and has come up big in the playoffs. He's so talented that the Cardinals traded Anquan Boldin so he could get more snaps. He's also improved his reception total every year he's been in the league, and at 25 will be just now entering his prime.
Re-ject: Doucet has played in seven, nine and 10 games during his three seasons in the NFL. The Cardinals, on the other hand, played 16 each year. Doucet has dealt with a variety of injuries, each one seemingly coming at the time when he was ready to break out. A receiver, no matter how talented, does not do much good for a team if he can't stay on the field.
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?