Re-up or Reject: Early Doucet
Not every Cardinal free agent is free to just choose his next team. Some are restricted, meaning the Cardinals can match any offer they sign with another squad.
Receiver Early Doucet is one such player, and he presents one of the more interesting decisions for the Cardinals to make.
Re-up: Taken in the third round of the 2008 draft, Doucet has shown some impressive ability. He has good hands and can take a hit, and has come up big in the playoffs. He's so talented that the Cardinals traded Anquan Boldin so he could get more snaps. He's also improved his reception total every year he's been in the league, and at 25 will be just now entering his prime.
Re-ject: Doucet has played in seven, nine and 10 games during his three seasons in the NFL. The Cardinals, on the other hand, played 16 each year. Doucet has dealt with a variety of injuries, each one seemingly coming at the time when he was ready to break out. A receiver, no matter how talented, does not do much good for a team if he can't stay on the field.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.