Updated Jul 21, 2011 - 12:57 pm
Re-up or Reject: Early Doucet
Not every Cardinal free agent is free to just choose his next team. Some are restricted, meaning the Cardinals can match any offer they sign with another squad.
Receiver Early Doucet is one such player, and he presents one of the more interesting decisions for the Cardinals to make.
Re-up: Taken in the third round of the 2008 draft, Doucet has shown some impressive ability. He has good hands and can take a hit, and has come up big in the playoffs. He's so talented that the Cardinals traded Anquan Boldin so he could get more snaps. He's also improved his reception total every year he's been in the league, and at 25 will be just now entering his prime.
Re-ject: Doucet has played in seven, nine and 10 games during his three seasons in the NFL. The Cardinals, on the other hand, played 16 each year. Doucet has dealt with a variety of injuries, each one seemingly coming at the time when he was ready to break out. A receiver, no matter how talented, does not do much good for a team if he can't stay on the field.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.