Updated Jul 21, 2011 - 12:57 pm
Re-up or Reject: Early Doucet
Not every Cardinal free agent is free to just choose his next team. Some are restricted, meaning the Cardinals can match any offer they sign with another squad.
Receiver Early Doucet is one such player, and he presents one of the more interesting decisions for the Cardinals to make.
Re-up: Taken in the third round of the 2008 draft, Doucet has shown some impressive ability. He has good hands and can take a hit, and has come up big in the playoffs. He's so talented that the Cardinals traded Anquan Boldin so he could get more snaps. He's also improved his reception total every year he's been in the league, and at 25 will be just now entering his prime.
Re-ject: Doucet has played in seven, nine and 10 games during his three seasons in the NFL. The Cardinals, on the other hand, played 16 each year. Doucet has dealt with a variety of injuries, each one seemingly coming at the time when he was ready to break out. A receiver, no matter how talented, does not do much good for a team if he can't stay on the field.
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 Free Agent Headquarters
- Arizona Cardinals sign free agent tight end John Carlson
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!