Updated Jul 22, 2011 - 2:41 pm
Kolb '100 percent' to be traded, likely to Arizona
Kevin Kolb will be traded, and there's a very, very, VERY strong chance it will be to the Arizona Cardinals.
According to ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter on NFL Live, it is "100 percent [Kolb's] traded."
At this point we all figured that to be a given. The Eagles understand Kolb will leave as a free agent following the 2011 season and are hoping to get something in return instead of losing him for nothing.
What Schefter said next, though, is really intriguing. He didn't say Kolb is probably heading to Arizona or that there's a good chance of that happening. No, he was a little more convinced.
"Arizona is the first, second, and third most likely landing spot," he said.
Doesn't exactly leave much room for doubt, does it?
Even the most ardent anti-Kolb Cardinals fan, at this point, has probably realized the Eagle is going to be the team's next quarterback.
However, though it may have seemed like just bringing Kolb to the Cardinals was a difficult task, in reality the real challenge lies ahead.
Will Kolb prove to be the guy the Cardinals think and hope he is, or will he continue to be the inconsistent player he was in Philadelphia?
Looks like Arizona will find out shortly.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.