Updated Jul 22, 2011 - 2:41 pm
Kolb '100 percent' to be traded, likely to Arizona
Kevin Kolb will be traded, and there's a very, very, VERY strong chance it will be to the Arizona Cardinals.
According to ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter on NFL Live, it is "100 percent [Kolb's] traded."
At this point we all figured that to be a given. The Eagles understand Kolb will leave as a free agent following the 2011 season and are hoping to get something in return instead of losing him for nothing.
What Schefter said next, though, is really intriguing. He didn't say Kolb is probably heading to Arizona or that there's a good chance of that happening. No, he was a little more convinced.
"Arizona is the first, second, and third most likely landing spot," he said.
Doesn't exactly leave much room for doubt, does it?
Even the most ardent anti-Kolb Cardinals fan, at this point, has probably realized the Eagle is going to be the team's next quarterback.
However, though it may have seemed like just bringing Kolb to the Cardinals was a difficult task, in reality the real challenge lies ahead.
Will Kolb prove to be the guy the Cardinals think and hope he is, or will he continue to be the inconsistent player he was in Philadelphia?
Looks like Arizona will find out shortly.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.