Updated Jul 22, 2011 - 5:21 pm
Re-up or Reject: Deuce Lutui
The Arizona Cardinals are not known for having a dominant offensive line. The pieces have changed over the years, yet the results have been, mostly, mediocre.
The longest-tenured player on the line is guard Deuce Lutui, who joined the Cardinals as a rookie during the 2006 season. After an acrimonious contract battle last year, Lutui enters this offseason as an unrestricted free agent for the first time in his career.
Re-up: Coach Ken Whisenhunt is a fan of having continuity along the offensive line, and he already has to replace his left guard, who retired. Lutui knows the system and, when motivated, is an above average run blocker. He is also a fiery player, able to get under the skin of his opponents. Certainly a good guy to have on the team.
Reject: Lutui came into camp out of shape last year, showing that unless he was being paid he could not be properly motivated. What will happen when he gets a nice, new contract? Furthermore, he's not exactly a Pro-Bowler. Lutui has been a stalwart on a line that has struggled; at what point do you cut ties and say "enough's enough?"
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.