Updated Jul 22, 2011 - 5:21 pm
Re-up or Reject: Deuce Lutui
The Arizona Cardinals are not known for having a dominant offensive line. The pieces have changed over the years, yet the results have been, mostly, mediocre.
The longest-tenured player on the line is guard Deuce Lutui, who joined the Cardinals as a rookie during the 2006 season. After an acrimonious contract battle last year, Lutui enters this offseason as an unrestricted free agent for the first time in his career.
Re-up: Coach Ken Whisenhunt is a fan of having continuity along the offensive line, and he already has to replace his left guard, who retired. Lutui knows the system and, when motivated, is an above average run blocker. He is also a fiery player, able to get under the skin of his opponents. Certainly a good guy to have on the team.
Reject: Lutui came into camp out of shape last year, showing that unless he was being paid he could not be properly motivated. What will happen when he gets a nice, new contract? Furthermore, he's not exactly a Pro-Bowler. Lutui has been a stalwart on a line that has struggled; at what point do you cut ties and say "enough's enough?"
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.