Updated Jul 22, 2011 - 5:21 pm
Re-up or Reject: Deuce Lutui
The Arizona Cardinals are not known for having a dominant offensive line. The pieces have changed over the years, yet the results have been, mostly, mediocre.
The longest-tenured player on the line is guard Deuce Lutui, who joined the Cardinals as a rookie during the 2006 season. After an acrimonious contract battle last year, Lutui enters this offseason as an unrestricted free agent for the first time in his career.
Re-up: Coach Ken Whisenhunt is a fan of having continuity along the offensive line, and he already has to replace his left guard, who retired. Lutui knows the system and, when motivated, is an above average run blocker. He is also a fiery player, able to get under the skin of his opponents. Certainly a good guy to have on the team.
Reject: Lutui came into camp out of shape last year, showing that unless he was being paid he could not be properly motivated. What will happen when he gets a nice, new contract? Furthermore, he's not exactly a Pro-Bowler. Lutui has been a stalwart on a line that has struggled; at what point do you cut ties and say "enough's enough?"
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!