Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 9:47 am
Cardinals and Malcom Floyd share mutual interest
According to reports, Malcom Floyd is interested in joining the Arizona Cardinals which has both Sports 620 KTAR's Doug Franz and Ron Wolfley excited.
"I want the Cardinals to overspend and bring in Malcom Floyd," Franz said on Doug and Wolf.
"I'm salivating, slobbering all over myself," Wolfley said about the potential receiving duo.
Floyd is coming off a season where he caught 37 balls for six touchdowns in 11 games.
The 6-foot-5, 225 pound receiver would certainly add size to the Cardinals receiving corps and would be the perfect complement to Fitzgerald as well.
"Malcom Floyd would be the perfect number two," Wolfley said.
Teams would know they needed to game plan against Fitzgerald, but they would not be able to ignore Floyd, Wolfley said.
Floyd's ability to stretch the field would provide Fitzgerald with room to run short underneath routes.
The 29-year-old receiver averages 17.3 yards per reception throughout his career and is currently an unrestricted free agent.
San Diego is unlikely to resign Floyd and they already used their franchise tag on Vincent Jackson meaning Floyd will more than likely leave San Diego.
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.