Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 9:47 am
Cardinals and Malcom Floyd share mutual interest
According to reports, Malcom Floyd is interested in joining the Arizona Cardinals which has both Sports 620 KTAR's Doug Franz and Ron Wolfley excited.
"I want the Cardinals to overspend and bring in Malcom Floyd," Franz said on Doug and Wolf.
"I'm salivating, slobbering all over myself," Wolfley said about the potential receiving duo.
Floyd is coming off a season where he caught 37 balls for six touchdowns in 11 games.
The 6-foot-5, 225 pound receiver would certainly add size to the Cardinals receiving corps and would be the perfect complement to Fitzgerald as well.
"Malcom Floyd would be the perfect number two," Wolfley said.
Teams would know they needed to game plan against Fitzgerald, but they would not be able to ignore Floyd, Wolfley said.
Floyd's ability to stretch the field would provide Fitzgerald with room to run short underneath routes.
The 29-year-old receiver averages 17.3 yards per reception throughout his career and is currently an unrestricted free agent.
San Diego is unlikely to resign Floyd and they already used their franchise tag on Vincent Jackson meaning Floyd will more than likely leave San Diego.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up