Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 9:47 am
Cardinals and Malcom Floyd share mutual interest
According to reports, Malcom Floyd is interested in joining the Arizona Cardinals which has both Sports 620 KTAR's Doug Franz and Ron Wolfley excited.
"I want the Cardinals to overspend and bring in Malcom Floyd," Franz said on Doug and Wolf.
"I'm salivating, slobbering all over myself," Wolfley said about the potential receiving duo.
Floyd is coming off a season where he caught 37 balls for six touchdowns in 11 games.
The 6-foot-5, 225 pound receiver would certainly add size to the Cardinals receiving corps and would be the perfect complement to Fitzgerald as well.
"Malcom Floyd would be the perfect number two," Wolfley said.
Teams would know they needed to game plan against Fitzgerald, but they would not be able to ignore Floyd, Wolfley said.
Floyd's ability to stretch the field would provide Fitzgerald with room to run short underneath routes.
The 29-year-old receiver averages 17.3 yards per reception throughout his career and is currently an unrestricted free agent.
San Diego is unlikely to resign Floyd and they already used their franchise tag on Vincent Jackson meaning Floyd will more than likely leave San Diego.
- Arizona Cardinals sign a pair of defensive lineman
- All-Access with Arians: Dockett to have surgery, Mathieu and Ta'amu back
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.