Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 4:27 pm
Cards wanted Asomugha, now could go get Samuel
The Cardinals traded a cornerback away, tried to sign a better one, and now may trade for one.
How's that for trying to make some moves?
So, let's get this straight. The Cardinals, after trading away Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, tried to get in on the Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes? The best corner on the market, Asomugha would have been a clear upgrade and a major coup for a team that, especially now, could use some help in the defensive backfield.
But, Asomugha signed with the Eagles, who would now seem to have a surplus of corners. That the Cardinals would be brought up as a possible destination for Asante Samuel is really no surprise, and Arizona would be wise to look into the option.
Samuel, 30, has picked off 42 passes over his eight NFL seasons, including seven last season in Philadelphia.
Now, what the Eagles would want for Samuel is yet to be determined, but if they do put him on the market the Cardinals, at the very least, will probably check in and see what it would take.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.