Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 4:27 pm
Cards wanted Asomugha, now could go get Samuel
The Cardinals traded a cornerback away, tried to sign a better one, and now may trade for one.
How's that for trying to make some moves?
So, let's get this straight. The Cardinals, after trading away Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, tried to get in on the Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes? The best corner on the market, Asomugha would have been a clear upgrade and a major coup for a team that, especially now, could use some help in the defensive backfield.
But, Asomugha signed with the Eagles, who would now seem to have a surplus of corners. That the Cardinals would be brought up as a possible destination for Asante Samuel is really no surprise, and Arizona would be wise to look into the option.
Samuel, 30, has picked off 42 passes over his eight NFL seasons, including seven last season in Philadelphia.
Now, what the Eagles would want for Samuel is yet to be determined, but if they do put him on the market the Cardinals, at the very least, will probably check in and see what it would take.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.