Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 4:27 pm
Cards wanted Asomugha, now could go get Samuel
The Cardinals traded a cornerback away, tried to sign a better one, and now may trade for one.
How's that for trying to make some moves?
So, let's get this straight. The Cardinals, after trading away Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, tried to get in on the Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes? The best corner on the market, Asomugha would have been a clear upgrade and a major coup for a team that, especially now, could use some help in the defensive backfield.
But, Asomugha signed with the Eagles, who would now seem to have a surplus of corners. That the Cardinals would be brought up as a possible destination for Asante Samuel is really no surprise, and Arizona would be wise to look into the option.
Samuel, 30, has picked off 42 passes over his eight NFL seasons, including seven last season in Philadelphia.
Now, what the Eagles would want for Samuel is yet to be determined, but if they do put him on the market the Cardinals, at the very least, will probably check in and see what it would take.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.