Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 4:27 pm
Cards wanted Asomugha, now could go get Samuel
The Cardinals traded a cornerback away, tried to sign a better one, and now may trade for one.
How's that for trying to make some moves?
So, let's get this straight. The Cardinals, after trading away Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, tried to get in on the Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes? The best corner on the market, Asomugha would have been a clear upgrade and a major coup for a team that, especially now, could use some help in the defensive backfield.
But, Asomugha signed with the Eagles, who would now seem to have a surplus of corners. That the Cardinals would be brought up as a possible destination for Asante Samuel is really no surprise, and Arizona would be wise to look into the option.
Samuel, 30, has picked off 42 passes over his eight NFL seasons, including seven last season in Philadelphia.
Now, what the Eagles would want for Samuel is yet to be determined, but if they do put him on the market the Cardinals, at the very least, will probably check in and see what it would take.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!