Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 4:27 pm
Cards wanted Asomugha, now could go get Samuel
The Cardinals traded a cornerback away, tried to sign a better one, and now may trade for one.
How's that for trying to make some moves?
So, let's get this straight. The Cardinals, after trading away Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, tried to get in on the Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes? The best corner on the market, Asomugha would have been a clear upgrade and a major coup for a team that, especially now, could use some help in the defensive backfield.
But, Asomugha signed with the Eagles, who would now seem to have a surplus of corners. That the Cardinals would be brought up as a possible destination for Asante Samuel is really no surprise, and Arizona would be wise to look into the option.
Samuel, 30, has picked off 42 passes over his eight NFL seasons, including seven last season in Philadelphia.
Now, what the Eagles would want for Samuel is yet to be determined, but if they do put him on the market the Cardinals, at the very least, will probably check in and see what it would take.
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.