Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 9:50 am
ESPN Insider: [Kolb] is better than Matt Schaub
We're heard what everyone in Arizona has to say about the Kevin Kolb deal -- literally they've been commenting, tweeting and texting since yesterday -- but what is the feeling out of Philadelphia? It might not be as celebratory as some would think.
Eagles guru and ESPN NFL analyst Sal Paolantonio was a guest on Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf Friday morning and said the Cardinals got a great guy in Kolb.
"You know have a proven commodity at quarterback, yeah he's coming in late," Paolantonio said. "You've got a heck of a head coach and you've got a team that plays in a division that's always up for grabs. There's no excuse for the Cardinals not to win this division.
"He's a leader. He's tough. He's very smart and he will instantly turn [the Cardinals] team into a contender."
As most detractors of the trade have been quick to point out, Kolb has limited experience starting just seven games in Philadelphia and throwing for 11 touchdowns and 14 interceptions but that didn't keep Paolantonio from putting lofty expectation on the Cardinals new signal caller.
"You've probably heard me say ‘don't trade Kevin Kolb'. I've been against it for the longest time. I've been saying don't trade him, he's too valuable.
"Kolb is an ascending young quarterback with moxy and talent. I really don't think you can put a price on it. Right now he's better than Matt Schaub."
Schaub? Yeah, if Kolb throws for 24 touchdowns, 4,370 yards and a 92 quarterback rating in his first season in the desert he'll probably leave fans asking ‘DRC who?'
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials