Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 9:50 am
ESPN Insider: [Kolb] is better than Matt Schaub
We're heard what everyone in Arizona has to say about the Kevin Kolb deal -- literally they've been commenting, tweeting and texting since yesterday -- but what is the feeling out of Philadelphia? It might not be as celebratory as some would think.
Eagles guru and ESPN NFL analyst Sal Paolantonio was a guest on Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf Friday morning and said the Cardinals got a great guy in Kolb.
"You know have a proven commodity at quarterback, yeah he's coming in late," Paolantonio said. "You've got a heck of a head coach and you've got a team that plays in a division that's always up for grabs. There's no excuse for the Cardinals not to win this division.
"He's a leader. He's tough. He's very smart and he will instantly turn [the Cardinals] team into a contender."
As most detractors of the trade have been quick to point out, Kolb has limited experience starting just seven games in Philadelphia and throwing for 11 touchdowns and 14 interceptions but that didn't keep Paolantonio from putting lofty expectation on the Cardinals new signal caller.
"You've probably heard me say ‘don't trade Kevin Kolb'. I've been against it for the longest time. I've been saying don't trade him, he's too valuable.
"Kolb is an ascending young quarterback with moxy and talent. I really don't think you can put a price on it. Right now he's better than Matt Schaub."
Schaub? Yeah, if Kolb throws for 24 touchdowns, 4,370 yards and a 92 quarterback rating in his first season in the desert he'll probably leave fans asking ‘DRC who?'
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.