Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 9:50 am
ESPN Insider: [Kolb] is better than Matt Schaub
We're heard what everyone in Arizona has to say about the Kevin Kolb deal -- literally they've been commenting, tweeting and texting since yesterday -- but what is the feeling out of Philadelphia? It might not be as celebratory as some would think.
Eagles guru and ESPN NFL analyst Sal Paolantonio was a guest on Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf Friday morning and said the Cardinals got a great guy in Kolb.
"You know have a proven commodity at quarterback, yeah he's coming in late," Paolantonio said. "You've got a heck of a head coach and you've got a team that plays in a division that's always up for grabs. There's no excuse for the Cardinals not to win this division.
"He's a leader. He's tough. He's very smart and he will instantly turn [the Cardinals] team into a contender."
As most detractors of the trade have been quick to point out, Kolb has limited experience starting just seven games in Philadelphia and throwing for 11 touchdowns and 14 interceptions but that didn't keep Paolantonio from putting lofty expectation on the Cardinals new signal caller.
"You've probably heard me say ‘don't trade Kevin Kolb'. I've been against it for the longest time. I've been saying don't trade him, he's too valuable.
"Kolb is an ascending young quarterback with moxy and talent. I really don't think you can put a price on it. Right now he's better than Matt Schaub."
Schaub? Yeah, if Kolb throws for 24 touchdowns, 4,370 yards and a 92 quarterback rating in his first season in the desert he'll probably leave fans asking ‘DRC who?'
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!