Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 9:50 am
ESPN Insider: [Kolb] is better than Matt Schaub
We're heard what everyone in Arizona has to say about the Kevin Kolb deal -- literally they've been commenting, tweeting and texting since yesterday -- but what is the feeling out of Philadelphia? It might not be as celebratory as some would think.
Eagles guru and ESPN NFL analyst Sal Paolantonio was a guest on Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf Friday morning and said the Cardinals got a great guy in Kolb.
"You know have a proven commodity at quarterback, yeah he's coming in late," Paolantonio said. "You've got a heck of a head coach and you've got a team that plays in a division that's always up for grabs. There's no excuse for the Cardinals not to win this division.
"He's a leader. He's tough. He's very smart and he will instantly turn [the Cardinals] team into a contender."
As most detractors of the trade have been quick to point out, Kolb has limited experience starting just seven games in Philadelphia and throwing for 11 touchdowns and 14 interceptions but that didn't keep Paolantonio from putting lofty expectation on the Cardinals new signal caller.
"You've probably heard me say ‘don't trade Kevin Kolb'. I've been against it for the longest time. I've been saying don't trade him, he's too valuable.
"Kolb is an ascending young quarterback with moxy and talent. I really don't think you can put a price on it. Right now he's better than Matt Schaub."
Schaub? Yeah, if Kolb throws for 24 touchdowns, 4,370 yards and a 92 quarterback rating in his first season in the desert he'll probably leave fans asking ‘DRC who?'
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.