Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 1:08 pm
Ken Whisenhunt thinks he can get the best out of Kolb
Not only have the media and the fans set lofty goals for the new quarterback, but his coaches and teammates are as well.
Many have expressed doubts about Kolb's ability, citing his lack of game experience. However, this does not seem to worry Cardinals Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt, as he told Profootballtalk.com's Mike Florio that he is confident he can get the best out of Kolb.
"I'm not trying to say we are quarterback gurus or the best in the league, but I have confidence in saying we can get the guys to play," Whisenhunt said.
The coach also mentioned that there were doubters when Kurt Warner was named the starting quarterback prior to the 2008 season.
While Warner had previous success and experience, the situation is not entirely different.
Sometimes, after all the scouting and research possible, a leap of faith is required.
Yes, there is a possibility that Kolb will be a bust in Arizona, but there is also a possibility he could be the quarterback the team has been desperately seeking.
Fans hope it is the latter, and after all necessary research, Whisenhunt believes it is.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?