Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 1:08 pm
Ken Whisenhunt thinks he can get the best out of Kolb
Not only have the media and the fans set lofty goals for the new quarterback, but his coaches and teammates are as well.
Many have expressed doubts about Kolb's ability, citing his lack of game experience. However, this does not seem to worry Cardinals Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt, as he told Profootballtalk.com's Mike Florio that he is confident he can get the best out of Kolb.
"I'm not trying to say we are quarterback gurus or the best in the league, but I have confidence in saying we can get the guys to play," Whisenhunt said.
The coach also mentioned that there were doubters when Kurt Warner was named the starting quarterback prior to the 2008 season.
While Warner had previous success and experience, the situation is not entirely different.
Sometimes, after all the scouting and research possible, a leap of faith is required.
Yes, there is a possibility that Kolb will be a bust in Arizona, but there is also a possibility he could be the quarterback the team has been desperately seeking.
Fans hope it is the latter, and after all necessary research, Whisenhunt believes it is.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.