Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 1:08 pm
Ken Whisenhunt thinks he can get the best out of Kolb
Not only have the media and the fans set lofty goals for the new quarterback, but his coaches and teammates are as well.
Many have expressed doubts about Kolb's ability, citing his lack of game experience. However, this does not seem to worry Cardinals Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt, as he told Profootballtalk.com's Mike Florio that he is confident he can get the best out of Kolb.
"I'm not trying to say we are quarterback gurus or the best in the league, but I have confidence in saying we can get the guys to play," Whisenhunt said.
The coach also mentioned that there were doubters when Kurt Warner was named the starting quarterback prior to the 2008 season.
While Warner had previous success and experience, the situation is not entirely different.
Sometimes, after all the scouting and research possible, a leap of faith is required.
Yes, there is a possibility that Kolb will be a bust in Arizona, but there is also a possibility he could be the quarterback the team has been desperately seeking.
Fans hope it is the latter, and after all necessary research, Whisenhunt believes it is.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?