Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 1:08 pm
Ken Whisenhunt thinks he can get the best out of Kolb
Not only have the media and the fans set lofty goals for the new quarterback, but his coaches and teammates are as well.
Many have expressed doubts about Kolb's ability, citing his lack of game experience. However, this does not seem to worry Cardinals Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt, as he told Profootballtalk.com's Mike Florio that he is confident he can get the best out of Kolb.
"I'm not trying to say we are quarterback gurus or the best in the league, but I have confidence in saying we can get the guys to play," Whisenhunt said.
The coach also mentioned that there were doubters when Kurt Warner was named the starting quarterback prior to the 2008 season.
While Warner had previous success and experience, the situation is not entirely different.
Sometimes, after all the scouting and research possible, a leap of faith is required.
Yes, there is a possibility that Kolb will be a bust in Arizona, but there is also a possibility he could be the quarterback the team has been desperately seeking.
Fans hope it is the latter, and after all necessary research, Whisenhunt believes it is.
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!