Ken Whisenhunt thinks he can get the best out of Kolb
Not only have the media and the fans set lofty goals for the new quarterback, but his coaches and teammates are as well.
Many have expressed doubts about Kolb's ability, citing his lack of game experience. However, this does not seem to worry Cardinals Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt, as he told Profootballtalk.com's Mike Florio that he is confident he can get the best out of Kolb.
"I'm not trying to say we are quarterback gurus or the best in the league, but I have confidence in saying we can get the guys to play," Whisenhunt said.
The coach also mentioned that there were doubters when Kurt Warner was named the starting quarterback prior to the 2008 season.
While Warner had previous success and experience, the situation is not entirely different.
Sometimes, after all the scouting and research possible, a leap of faith is required.
Yes, there is a possibility that Kolb will be a bust in Arizona, but there is also a possibility he could be the quarterback the team has been desperately seeking.
Fans hope it is the latter, and after all necessary research, Whisenhunt believes it is.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.