Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 10:29 am
Kurt Warner unsure of Kevin Kolb trade
Some are for it, some are against it and some are withholding judgment. Among those withholding judgment is former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner.
"I don't think we know that yet because we've seen Kevin Kolb play really well, we've seen him make a lot of plays, we've seen him have some big games," Warner told Yahoo sports. "And then in some of the other games he's started, we've seen him struggle a little bit. So to go out and give that much up and to pay that much money, I just think the verdict is still out on this guy. That's why it makes it a risky move, but at the same time the Cardinals had to make this kind of move. They had to go out and get a quarterback and say, 'At least we are trying to fill that position because that's a position of need for us.' And we know that in this day and age, you have to have a quarterback if you're going to win."
The NFL is a quarterback driven league. Quarterbacks are necessary for success and if the Arizona Cardinals want to win, and resign Larry Fitzgerald, they will need the good Kolb rather than the bad Kolb.
Warner also knows the significance of a quarterback on Larry Fitzgerald and mentioned that this deal could help keep the star wide out happy.
"There is no question that part of this move was not just making the team better, but it was getting someone there that can allow Larry Fitzgerald to be Larry Fitzgerald again," Warner said.
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.