Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 10:29 am
Kurt Warner unsure of Kevin Kolb trade
Some are for it, some are against it and some are withholding judgment. Among those withholding judgment is former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner.
"I don't think we know that yet because we've seen Kevin Kolb play really well, we've seen him make a lot of plays, we've seen him have some big games," Warner told Yahoo sports. "And then in some of the other games he's started, we've seen him struggle a little bit. So to go out and give that much up and to pay that much money, I just think the verdict is still out on this guy. That's why it makes it a risky move, but at the same time the Cardinals had to make this kind of move. They had to go out and get a quarterback and say, 'At least we are trying to fill that position because that's a position of need for us.' And we know that in this day and age, you have to have a quarterback if you're going to win."
The NFL is a quarterback driven league. Quarterbacks are necessary for success and if the Arizona Cardinals want to win, and resign Larry Fitzgerald, they will need the good Kolb rather than the bad Kolb.
Warner also knows the significance of a quarterback on Larry Fitzgerald and mentioned that this deal could help keep the star wide out happy.
"There is no question that part of this move was not just making the team better, but it was getting someone there that can allow Larry Fitzgerald to be Larry Fitzgerald again," Warner said.
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.