Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 10:29 am
Kurt Warner unsure of Kevin Kolb trade
Some are for it, some are against it and some are withholding judgment. Among those withholding judgment is former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner.
"I don't think we know that yet because we've seen Kevin Kolb play really well, we've seen him make a lot of plays, we've seen him have some big games," Warner told Yahoo sports. "And then in some of the other games he's started, we've seen him struggle a little bit. So to go out and give that much up and to pay that much money, I just think the verdict is still out on this guy. That's why it makes it a risky move, but at the same time the Cardinals had to make this kind of move. They had to go out and get a quarterback and say, 'At least we are trying to fill that position because that's a position of need for us.' And we know that in this day and age, you have to have a quarterback if you're going to win."
The NFL is a quarterback driven league. Quarterbacks are necessary for success and if the Arizona Cardinals want to win, and resign Larry Fitzgerald, they will need the good Kolb rather than the bad Kolb.
Warner also knows the significance of a quarterback on Larry Fitzgerald and mentioned that this deal could help keep the star wide out happy.
"There is no question that part of this move was not just making the team better, but it was getting someone there that can allow Larry Fitzgerald to be Larry Fitzgerald again," Warner said.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.