Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 10:29 am
Kurt Warner unsure of Kevin Kolb trade
Some are for it, some are against it and some are withholding judgment. Among those withholding judgment is former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner.
"I don't think we know that yet because we've seen Kevin Kolb play really well, we've seen him make a lot of plays, we've seen him have some big games," Warner told Yahoo sports. "And then in some of the other games he's started, we've seen him struggle a little bit. So to go out and give that much up and to pay that much money, I just think the verdict is still out on this guy. That's why it makes it a risky move, but at the same time the Cardinals had to make this kind of move. They had to go out and get a quarterback and say, 'At least we are trying to fill that position because that's a position of need for us.' And we know that in this day and age, you have to have a quarterback if you're going to win."
The NFL is a quarterback driven league. Quarterbacks are necessary for success and if the Arizona Cardinals want to win, and resign Larry Fitzgerald, they will need the good Kolb rather than the bad Kolb.
Warner also knows the significance of a quarterback on Larry Fitzgerald and mentioned that this deal could help keep the star wide out happy.
"There is no question that part of this move was not just making the team better, but it was getting someone there that can allow Larry Fitzgerald to be Larry Fitzgerald again," Warner said.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b