Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 9:07 am
Reactions to Kevin Kolb trade are mixed
The acquisition of Kolb has shifted the debate from who the Cardinals should get at quarterback to did they pay too much for a signal caller.
"I think they paid too much and I know it doesn't matter," Sports 620 KTAR's Doug Franz said on Doug and Wolf. "Either this trade works out and no one will ever care, or it's going to be Kolb's a joke and it doesn't really matter how much you gave up."
Although Franz thinks the Cardinals gave up too much for Kolb, he does admire the vigor with which the Cardinals approached their quarterback situation.
"I wouldn't have given up that much, but I applaud the aggression."
On the other side of the debate, Sports 620 KTAR's Ron Wolfley supports the trade and does not appear to have the same reservations as Franz.
"I feel good about it," Wolfley said on Doug and Wolf. "This is a quarterback centric league and the Cards did not have a quarterback last year. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was on the team last year and they went 5-11." Although the Cardinals had to acquire a quarterback, Wolfley admitted there are no guarantees in life and that this trade, and finding a franchise quarterback, is a total "crap shoot."
The Cardinals and their fans will have to wait and see how Kolb performs on the field, but right now the emotions and reactions are certainly mixed.
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest paid CB
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.