Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 9:07 am
Reactions to Kevin Kolb trade are mixed
The acquisition of Kolb has shifted the debate from who the Cardinals should get at quarterback to did they pay too much for a signal caller.
"I think they paid too much and I know it doesn't matter," Sports 620 KTAR's Doug Franz said on Doug and Wolf. "Either this trade works out and no one will ever care, or it's going to be Kolb's a joke and it doesn't really matter how much you gave up."
Although Franz thinks the Cardinals gave up too much for Kolb, he does admire the vigor with which the Cardinals approached their quarterback situation.
"I wouldn't have given up that much, but I applaud the aggression."
On the other side of the debate, Sports 620 KTAR's Ron Wolfley supports the trade and does not appear to have the same reservations as Franz.
"I feel good about it," Wolfley said on Doug and Wolf. "This is a quarterback centric league and the Cards did not have a quarterback last year. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was on the team last year and they went 5-11." Although the Cardinals had to acquire a quarterback, Wolfley admitted there are no guarantees in life and that this trade, and finding a franchise quarterback, is a total "crap shoot."
The Cardinals and their fans will have to wait and see how Kolb performs on the field, but right now the emotions and reactions are certainly mixed.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.