Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 9:07 am
Reactions to Kevin Kolb trade are mixed
The acquisition of Kolb has shifted the debate from who the Cardinals should get at quarterback to did they pay too much for a signal caller.
"I think they paid too much and I know it doesn't matter," Sports 620 KTAR's Doug Franz said on Doug and Wolf. "Either this trade works out and no one will ever care, or it's going to be Kolb's a joke and it doesn't really matter how much you gave up."
Although Franz thinks the Cardinals gave up too much for Kolb, he does admire the vigor with which the Cardinals approached their quarterback situation.
"I wouldn't have given up that much, but I applaud the aggression."
On the other side of the debate, Sports 620 KTAR's Ron Wolfley supports the trade and does not appear to have the same reservations as Franz.
"I feel good about it," Wolfley said on Doug and Wolf. "This is a quarterback centric league and the Cards did not have a quarterback last year. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was on the team last year and they went 5-11." Although the Cardinals had to acquire a quarterback, Wolfley admitted there are no guarantees in life and that this trade, and finding a franchise quarterback, is a total "crap shoot."
The Cardinals and their fans will have to wait and see how Kolb performs on the field, but right now the emotions and reactions are certainly mixed.
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.