Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 9:07 am
Reactions to Kevin Kolb trade are mixed
The acquisition of Kolb has shifted the debate from who the Cardinals should get at quarterback to did they pay too much for a signal caller.
"I think they paid too much and I know it doesn't matter," Sports 620 KTAR's Doug Franz said on Doug and Wolf. "Either this trade works out and no one will ever care, or it's going to be Kolb's a joke and it doesn't really matter how much you gave up."
Although Franz thinks the Cardinals gave up too much for Kolb, he does admire the vigor with which the Cardinals approached their quarterback situation.
"I wouldn't have given up that much, but I applaud the aggression."
On the other side of the debate, Sports 620 KTAR's Ron Wolfley supports the trade and does not appear to have the same reservations as Franz.
"I feel good about it," Wolfley said on Doug and Wolf. "This is a quarterback centric league and the Cards did not have a quarterback last year. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was on the team last year and they went 5-11." Although the Cardinals had to acquire a quarterback, Wolfley admitted there are no guarantees in life and that this trade, and finding a franchise quarterback, is a total "crap shoot."
The Cardinals and their fans will have to wait and see how Kolb performs on the field, but right now the emotions and reactions are certainly mixed.
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves