Updated Jul 29, 2011 - 9:07 am
Reactions to Kevin Kolb trade are mixed
The acquisition of Kolb has shifted the debate from who the Cardinals should get at quarterback to did they pay too much for a signal caller.
"I think they paid too much and I know it doesn't matter," Sports 620 KTAR's Doug Franz said on Doug and Wolf. "Either this trade works out and no one will ever care, or it's going to be Kolb's a joke and it doesn't really matter how much you gave up."
Although Franz thinks the Cardinals gave up too much for Kolb, he does admire the vigor with which the Cardinals approached their quarterback situation.
"I wouldn't have given up that much, but I applaud the aggression."
On the other side of the debate, Sports 620 KTAR's Ron Wolfley supports the trade and does not appear to have the same reservations as Franz.
"I feel good about it," Wolfley said on Doug and Wolf. "This is a quarterback centric league and the Cards did not have a quarterback last year. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was on the team last year and they went 5-11." Although the Cardinals had to acquire a quarterback, Wolfley admitted there are no guarantees in life and that this trade, and finding a franchise quarterback, is a total "crap shoot."
The Cardinals and their fans will have to wait and see how Kolb performs on the field, but right now the emotions and reactions are certainly mixed.
- The 5: Top story lines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.