Updated Jul 30, 2011 - 11:13 am
Cardinals add cornerback Richard Marshall from the Panthers
The Arizona Cardinals announced the signing of free agent cornerback Richard Marshall Saturday morning.
The 5-foot-11, 198 pound Marshall spent the last five seasons as a member of the Carolina Panthers where he recorded 314 solo tackles, 14 interceptions and 6 fumble recoveries. He started every game over the last two seasons and recorded half of his career interception total over those 32 games.
The former second round pick posted his best season in the NFL in 2010. He finished fourth on the Panthers with 88 tackles (75 solo), three interceptions, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and one sack.
Marshall adds a veteran presence and much needed depth at the defensive back position after the trade that sent Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to the Philadelphia Eagles. He seems like a solid addition to the Cardinals defensive. His physical nature seems to be what defensive coordinator Ray Horton is looking for from his corners. The 88 tackles he recorded last season were double that of DRC.
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.