Updated Jul 30, 2011 - 11:13 am
Cardinals add cornerback Richard Marshall from the Panthers
The Arizona Cardinals announced the signing of free agent cornerback Richard Marshall Saturday morning.
The 5-foot-11, 198 pound Marshall spent the last five seasons as a member of the Carolina Panthers where he recorded 314 solo tackles, 14 interceptions and 6 fumble recoveries. He started every game over the last two seasons and recorded half of his career interception total over those 32 games.
The former second round pick posted his best season in the NFL in 2010. He finished fourth on the Panthers with 88 tackles (75 solo), three interceptions, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and one sack.
Marshall adds a veteran presence and much needed depth at the defensive back position after the trade that sent Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to the Philadelphia Eagles. He seems like a solid addition to the Cardinals defensive. His physical nature seems to be what defensive coordinator Ray Horton is looking for from his corners. The 88 tackles he recorded last season were double that of DRC.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.