Updated Aug 6, 2011 - 3:12 pm
Cardinals safety Adrian Wilson to have MRI on right elbow
The Arizona Cardinals are frantically trying to cram a full off-season into just a few short weeks and could now be faced with replacing a key defensive player.
Whiz-AW w/ some kind of elbow/bicep injury. Having MRI. From my pt of view...looked like he was in pain-crouched in corner away from field.
If Wilson managed to tear something in his elbow, the Cardinals defense will be left with a gaping hole. Wilson has been the backbone of the defense and has not missed a game in the last two seasons.
While Wilson has been known to play through injury, like a hip abductor injury that was repaired by surgery after last season, a torn tendon or two could greatly affect his ability to make a play.
The young players have something to lose as well, should Wilson be injured. He's been seen mentoring several younger players during this year's camp.
If Wilson is out for a while, the Cardinals will be hard-pressed to replace his leadership and ability.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.