Updated Aug 6, 2011 - 3:12 pm
Cardinals safety Adrian Wilson to have MRI on right elbow
The Arizona Cardinals are frantically trying to cram a full off-season into just a few short weeks and could now be faced with replacing a key defensive player.
Whiz-AW w/ some kind of elbow/bicep injury. Having MRI. From my pt of view...looked like he was in pain-crouched in corner away from field.
If Wilson managed to tear something in his elbow, the Cardinals defense will be left with a gaping hole. Wilson has been the backbone of the defense and has not missed a game in the last two seasons.
While Wilson has been known to play through injury, like a hip abductor injury that was repaired by surgery after last season, a torn tendon or two could greatly affect his ability to make a play.
The young players have something to lose as well, should Wilson be injured. He's been seen mentoring several younger players during this year's camp.
If Wilson is out for a while, the Cardinals will be hard-pressed to replace his leadership and ability.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.