Updated Aug 6, 2011 - 3:12 pm
Cardinals safety Adrian Wilson to have MRI on right elbow
The Arizona Cardinals are frantically trying to cram a full off-season into just a few short weeks and could now be faced with replacing a key defensive player.
Whiz-AW w/ some kind of elbow/bicep injury. Having MRI. From my pt of view...looked like he was in pain-crouched in corner away from field.
If Wilson managed to tear something in his elbow, the Cardinals defense will be left with a gaping hole. Wilson has been the backbone of the defense and has not missed a game in the last two seasons.
While Wilson has been known to play through injury, like a hip abductor injury that was repaired by surgery after last season, a torn tendon or two could greatly affect his ability to make a play.
The young players have something to lose as well, should Wilson be injured. He's been seen mentoring several younger players during this year's camp.
If Wilson is out for a while, the Cardinals will be hard-pressed to replace his leadership and ability.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.