Updated Aug 8, 2011 - 8:42 am
Cardinals re-sign safety Matt Ware
The Cardinals may be awaiting a scan on injured safety Adrian Wilson, but they are not wasting any time bringing in some backup for him.
On Monday morning the team announced that they had re-signed safety Matt Ware. To make room for him on the roster the team waived injured tackle Brad Thorson.
While Ware's six tackles in 14 games is nothing compared to Wilson's 88 in 16 games, the Cardinals are in a position where they need depth at safety depending on whether Wilson is forced to miss time.
With any luck, Wilson's injury will be short-lived and Ware can be brought in to add depth to a position the Cardinals had short-staffed to begin with.
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!