Updated Aug 8, 2011 - 8:42 am
Cardinals re-sign safety Matt Ware
The Cardinals may be awaiting a scan on injured safety Adrian Wilson, but they are not wasting any time bringing in some backup for him.
On Monday morning the team announced that they had re-signed safety Matt Ware. To make room for him on the roster the team waived injured tackle Brad Thorson.
While Ware's six tackles in 14 games is nothing compared to Wilson's 88 in 16 games, the Cardinals are in a position where they need depth at safety depending on whether Wilson is forced to miss time.
With any luck, Wilson's injury will be short-lived and Ware can be brought in to add depth to a position the Cardinals had short-staffed to begin with.
- Arizona Cardinals' Bobby Massie eager to earn back starting job at right tackle
- A 'confident' Andre Ellington excited about increased role with Arizona Cardinals
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Fighting not tolerated in Cardinals camp
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.