Updated Aug 8, 2011 - 8:42 am
Cardinals re-sign safety Matt Ware
The Cardinals may be awaiting a scan on injured safety Adrian Wilson, but they are not wasting any time bringing in some backup for him.
On Monday morning the team announced that they had re-signed safety Matt Ware. To make room for him on the roster the team waived injured tackle Brad Thorson.
While Ware's six tackles in 14 games is nothing compared to Wilson's 88 in 16 games, the Cardinals are in a position where they need depth at safety depending on whether Wilson is forced to miss time.
With any luck, Wilson's injury will be short-lived and Ware can be brought in to add depth to a position the Cardinals had short-staffed to begin with.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.