Updated Aug 8, 2011 - 8:42 am
Cardinals re-sign safety Matt Ware
The Cardinals may be awaiting a scan on injured safety Adrian Wilson, but they are not wasting any time bringing in some backup for him.
On Monday morning the team announced that they had re-signed safety Matt Ware. To make room for him on the roster the team waived injured tackle Brad Thorson.
While Ware's six tackles in 14 games is nothing compared to Wilson's 88 in 16 games, the Cardinals are in a position where they need depth at safety depending on whether Wilson is forced to miss time.
With any luck, Wilson's injury will be short-lived and Ware can be brought in to add depth to a position the Cardinals had short-staffed to begin with.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.