Updated Aug 6, 2011 - 7:31 pm
Ken Whisenhunt pleased with camp after day three
The Arizona Cardinals finished their third day of camp in Flagstaff on Saturday and coach Ken Whisenhunt said he is pleased with the direction the team is moving in.
At the end of the team's first scrimmage on Saturday, Whisenhunt said that he thought the team looked good overall, but there were quite a few mistakes.
"I thought it was a good day's work," Whisenhunt told media after the scrimmage. "I thought there was a number of mistakes, which you expect the first day."
Whisenhunt cut the team some slack and said that Saturday brought a lot of new challenges and most of the players rose to meet them.
"I thought there was a lot of fight in the guys. The offense made some plays, the defense made some plays; you like that. There's things we can build off of," Whisenhunt said.
While Whisenhunt couldn't pinpoint an area he felt needed work, he said he was pleased with how the offense looked and the progress of Kevin Kolb, who was calling the plays in the huddle for the first time on Saturday.
"I like him being in the huddle by himself," Whisenhunt said of new quarterback Kevin Kolb.
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!