Updated Aug 6, 2011 - 7:31 pm
Ken Whisenhunt pleased with camp after day three
The Arizona Cardinals finished their third day of camp in Flagstaff on Saturday and coach Ken Whisenhunt said he is pleased with the direction the team is moving in.
At the end of the team's first scrimmage on Saturday, Whisenhunt said that he thought the team looked good overall, but there were quite a few mistakes.
"I thought it was a good day's work," Whisenhunt told media after the scrimmage. "I thought there was a number of mistakes, which you expect the first day."
Whisenhunt cut the team some slack and said that Saturday brought a lot of new challenges and most of the players rose to meet them.
"I thought there was a lot of fight in the guys. The offense made some plays, the defense made some plays; you like that. There's things we can build off of," Whisenhunt said.
While Whisenhunt couldn't pinpoint an area he felt needed work, he said he was pleased with how the offense looked and the progress of Kevin Kolb, who was calling the plays in the huddle for the first time on Saturday.
"I like him being in the huddle by himself," Whisenhunt said of new quarterback Kevin Kolb.
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.