Updated Aug 6, 2011 - 7:31 pm
Ken Whisenhunt pleased with camp after day three
The Arizona Cardinals finished their third day of camp in Flagstaff on Saturday and coach Ken Whisenhunt said he is pleased with the direction the team is moving in.
At the end of the team's first scrimmage on Saturday, Whisenhunt said that he thought the team looked good overall, but there were quite a few mistakes.
"I thought it was a good day's work," Whisenhunt told media after the scrimmage. "I thought there was a number of mistakes, which you expect the first day."
Whisenhunt cut the team some slack and said that Saturday brought a lot of new challenges and most of the players rose to meet them.
"I thought there was a lot of fight in the guys. The offense made some plays, the defense made some plays; you like that. There's things we can build off of," Whisenhunt said.
While Whisenhunt couldn't pinpoint an area he felt needed work, he said he was pleased with how the offense looked and the progress of Kevin Kolb, who was calling the plays in the huddle for the first time on Saturday.
"I like him being in the huddle by himself," Whisenhunt said of new quarterback Kevin Kolb.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.