Updated Aug 7, 2011 - 6:28 pm
Cardinals exploring non-surgical rehab for Adrian Wilson
The Arizona Cardinals are still waiting on an MRI for safety Adrian Wilson, but the team may not be without his services for long.
Adrian Wilson Update: Multiple sources tell me non-surgical option exists where AW could rehab & still play most of season. Wait til tmrw
The fact that Wilson may be back in time to make a difference in at least a few games is huge for the Cardinals defense. His strength and leadership alone would be a huge loss, not to mention that his rumored replacement, safety Matt Ware, does not carry the same intimidation factor that Wilson does.
The Cardinals may be stuck waiting on the MRI results, but the news that Wilson could be available within weeks does not force the Cardinals hand in attempting to deal for a possible season-long replacement. A deal this close to the season could come at too high of a price or complicate an already hectic camp and preseason.
Wilson's injury could have caused the Cards more problems that they were prepared to handle and the news that he may be available sooner than thought surely lifted the weight of some of the coaches.
Paul Calvisi is the Arizona Cardinals sideline reporter for Sports 620 KTAR. He contributed to this story.
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals preseason: By The Numbers
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.