Updated Aug 7, 2011 - 6:28 pm
Cardinals exploring non-surgical rehab for Adrian Wilson
The Arizona Cardinals are still waiting on an MRI for safety Adrian Wilson, but the team may not be without his services for long.
Adrian Wilson Update: Multiple sources tell me non-surgical option exists where AW could rehab & still play most of season. Wait til tmrw
The fact that Wilson may be back in time to make a difference in at least a few games is huge for the Cardinals defense. His strength and leadership alone would be a huge loss, not to mention that his rumored replacement, safety Matt Ware, does not carry the same intimidation factor that Wilson does.
The Cardinals may be stuck waiting on the MRI results, but the news that Wilson could be available within weeks does not force the Cardinals hand in attempting to deal for a possible season-long replacement. A deal this close to the season could come at too high of a price or complicate an already hectic camp and preseason.
Wilson's injury could have caused the Cards more problems that they were prepared to handle and the news that he may be available sooner than thought surely lifted the weight of some of the coaches.
Paul Calvisi is the Arizona Cardinals sideline reporter for Sports 620 KTAR. He contributed to this story.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.