Updated Aug 7, 2011 - 6:28 pm
Cardinals exploring non-surgical rehab for Adrian Wilson
The Arizona Cardinals are still waiting on an MRI for safety Adrian Wilson, but the team may not be without his services for long.
Adrian Wilson Update: Multiple sources tell me non-surgical option exists where AW could rehab & still play most of season. Wait til tmrw
The fact that Wilson may be back in time to make a difference in at least a few games is huge for the Cardinals defense. His strength and leadership alone would be a huge loss, not to mention that his rumored replacement, safety Matt Ware, does not carry the same intimidation factor that Wilson does.
The Cardinals may be stuck waiting on the MRI results, but the news that Wilson could be available within weeks does not force the Cardinals hand in attempting to deal for a possible season-long replacement. A deal this close to the season could come at too high of a price or complicate an already hectic camp and preseason.
Wilson's injury could have caused the Cards more problems that they were prepared to handle and the news that he may be available sooner than thought surely lifted the weight of some of the coaches.
Paul Calvisi is the Arizona Cardinals sideline reporter for Sports 620 KTAR. He contributed to this story.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!