Updated Aug 7, 2011 - 6:28 pm
Cardinals exploring non-surgical rehab for Adrian Wilson
The Arizona Cardinals are still waiting on an MRI for safety Adrian Wilson, but the team may not be without his services for long.
Adrian Wilson Update: Multiple sources tell me non-surgical option exists where AW could rehab & still play most of season. Wait til tmrw
The fact that Wilson may be back in time to make a difference in at least a few games is huge for the Cardinals defense. His strength and leadership alone would be a huge loss, not to mention that his rumored replacement, safety Matt Ware, does not carry the same intimidation factor that Wilson does.
The Cardinals may be stuck waiting on the MRI results, but the news that Wilson could be available within weeks does not force the Cardinals hand in attempting to deal for a possible season-long replacement. A deal this close to the season could come at too high of a price or complicate an already hectic camp and preseason.
Wilson's injury could have caused the Cards more problems that they were prepared to handle and the news that he may be available sooner than thought surely lifted the weight of some of the coaches.
Paul Calvisi is the Arizona Cardinals sideline reporter for Sports 620 KTAR. He contributed to this story.
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Arizona Cardinals agree to terms with Oakland Raiders LT Jared Veldheer
- Arizona Cardinals react to Karlos Dansby's departure
- Arizona Cardinals to lose LB Karlos Dansby to Cleveland Browns
- Karlos Dansby attracting many suitors for his services
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?