Updated Aug 9, 2011 - 10:15 am
Adrian Wilson plays down bicep tendon tear talk
If you talk to Arizona Cardinals safety Adrian Wilson, his torn bicep tendon is nothing more than a speed bump.
"It doesn't hurt, so I'll see you guys September 11," Wilson said to media after practice on Monday.
It took numerous reporters to get him to even admit that he had a tear and he sidestepped questions about the specifics of his rehab in a joking manner, even going as far to say the news of his tear was a false report.
Wilson did say he would have to yield to the "big man's decision" (A.K.A. Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt) on whether or not he will play in the first game of the season.
Hearing Wilson be optimistic about his injury is good news for the Cardinals, both on and off the field. Wilson's stats say enough about him on the field, but the younger players who were looking forward to being taken under his wing will need to wait until the safety can make a return to playing.
While, mentoring players and leading the Cardinals defense is tempting, Wilson joked he has other reasons for returning.
"I would love to be out there the first game," Wilson said. "That would be great. I have a roster bonus coming up. I have some things that are depending on that."
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!