Updated Aug 8, 2011 - 12:43 pm
Matt Ware back where he's comfortable
Matt Ware is comfortable with the Arizona Cardinals.
The safety has spent the last five years of his career with the team, making the decision to come back a fairly easy one.
"Obviously I know the staff, I know a lot of the guys that are here," he told reporters at Cardinals training camp Monday.
Then again, Ware added that he's not trying to be comfortable right now, that it's all about taking advantage of the opportunity he's been given.
The Cardinals made sure to bring Ware back, signing the free agent in the wake of Adrian Wilson's biceps injury, suffered Saturday.
A veteran of seven NFL seasons, Ware has found a niche with the Cardinals as a backup safety, a role the Cardinals would likely want him to fill again this season.
Whatever he ends up doing for the Cardinals, things will be a little different this time around for the 28-year-old, as new defensive coordinator Ray Horton is instituting a few changes.
Ware is a fan.
"It's definitely an attack defense," he said. "Watching the film from Saturday's scrimmage, just saw guys flying around and having a lot of fun."
For his career Ware has tallied 115 tackles and one interception.
ArizonaSports.com's Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.