Updated Aug 8, 2011 - 12:43 pm
Matt Ware back where he's comfortable
Matt Ware is comfortable with the Arizona Cardinals.
The safety has spent the last five years of his career with the team, making the decision to come back a fairly easy one.
"Obviously I know the staff, I know a lot of the guys that are here," he told reporters at Cardinals training camp Monday.
Then again, Ware added that he's not trying to be comfortable right now, that it's all about taking advantage of the opportunity he's been given.
The Cardinals made sure to bring Ware back, signing the free agent in the wake of Adrian Wilson's biceps injury, suffered Saturday.
A veteran of seven NFL seasons, Ware has found a niche with the Cardinals as a backup safety, a role the Cardinals would likely want him to fill again this season.
Whatever he ends up doing for the Cardinals, things will be a little different this time around for the 28-year-old, as new defensive coordinator Ray Horton is instituting a few changes.
Ware is a fan.
"It's definitely an attack defense," he said. "Watching the film from Saturday's scrimmage, just saw guys flying around and having a lot of fun."
For his career Ware has tallied 115 tackles and one interception.
ArizonaSports.com's Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials