Updated Aug 8, 2011 - 12:43 pm
Matt Ware back where he's comfortable
Matt Ware is comfortable with the Arizona Cardinals.
The safety has spent the last five years of his career with the team, making the decision to come back a fairly easy one.
"Obviously I know the staff, I know a lot of the guys that are here," he told reporters at Cardinals training camp Monday.
Then again, Ware added that he's not trying to be comfortable right now, that it's all about taking advantage of the opportunity he's been given.
The Cardinals made sure to bring Ware back, signing the free agent in the wake of Adrian Wilson's biceps injury, suffered Saturday.
A veteran of seven NFL seasons, Ware has found a niche with the Cardinals as a backup safety, a role the Cardinals would likely want him to fill again this season.
Whatever he ends up doing for the Cardinals, things will be a little different this time around for the 28-year-old, as new defensive coordinator Ray Horton is instituting a few changes.
Ware is a fan.
"It's definitely an attack defense," he said. "Watching the film from Saturday's scrimmage, just saw guys flying around and having a lot of fun."
For his career Ware has tallied 115 tackles and one interception.
ArizonaSports.com's Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.