Updated Aug 8, 2011 - 11:46 am
Peterson says Wilson will play Week 1
Adrian Wilson is the leader of the Cardinals' secondary, and losing him for any extended period of time would be a major blow to the Arizona Cardinals.
Good thing, then, that his biceps injury won't force him to miss the start of the regular season.
"Adrian, he's a fighter, he said he's definitely going to be back with us Week 1 when we play against Carolina," rookie cornerback Patrick Peterson said.
It was feared that Wilson, who suffered the injury during the team's annual Red-White scrimmage, but there had been talk about the veteran seeking non-surgical options, and it appears he may have found one.
That would be big for the Cardinals, as Wilson's value lies in his play on the field as well as his leadership with the secondary, something Peterson mentioned.
"That's great, having a 10-year vet like Adrian, who has been to the Pro-Bowl before, he's done a lot of things for this Arizona Cardinals team," he said. "Something I want to do over the years.
"Adrian, he's a great guy, a team leader and also a big brother to me."
ArizonaSports.com's Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.