Updated Aug 8, 2011 - 11:46 am
Peterson says Wilson will play Week 1
Adrian Wilson is the leader of the Cardinals' secondary, and losing him for any extended period of time would be a major blow to the Arizona Cardinals.
Good thing, then, that his biceps injury won't force him to miss the start of the regular season.
"Adrian, he's a fighter, he said he's definitely going to be back with us Week 1 when we play against Carolina," rookie cornerback Patrick Peterson said.
It was feared that Wilson, who suffered the injury during the team's annual Red-White scrimmage, but there had been talk about the veteran seeking non-surgical options, and it appears he may have found one.
That would be big for the Cardinals, as Wilson's value lies in his play on the field as well as his leadership with the secondary, something Peterson mentioned.
"That's great, having a 10-year vet like Adrian, who has been to the Pro-Bowl before, he's done a lot of things for this Arizona Cardinals team," he said. "Something I want to do over the years.
"Adrian, he's a great guy, a team leader and also a big brother to me."
ArizonaSports.com's Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.