Updated Aug 8, 2011 - 11:46 am
Peterson says Wilson will play Week 1
Adrian Wilson is the leader of the Cardinals' secondary, and losing him for any extended period of time would be a major blow to the Arizona Cardinals.
Good thing, then, that his biceps injury won't force him to miss the start of the regular season.
"Adrian, he's a fighter, he said he's definitely going to be back with us Week 1 when we play against Carolina," rookie cornerback Patrick Peterson said.
It was feared that Wilson, who suffered the injury during the team's annual Red-White scrimmage, but there had been talk about the veteran seeking non-surgical options, and it appears he may have found one.
That would be big for the Cardinals, as Wilson's value lies in his play on the field as well as his leadership with the secondary, something Peterson mentioned.
"That's great, having a 10-year vet like Adrian, who has been to the Pro-Bowl before, he's done a lot of things for this Arizona Cardinals team," he said. "Something I want to do over the years.
"Adrian, he's a great guy, a team leader and also a big brother to me."
ArizonaSports.com's Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.