Updated Aug 8, 2011 - 11:46 am
Peterson says Wilson will play Week 1
Adrian Wilson is the leader of the Cardinals' secondary, and losing him for any extended period of time would be a major blow to the Arizona Cardinals.
Good thing, then, that his biceps injury won't force him to miss the start of the regular season.
"Adrian, he's a fighter, he said he's definitely going to be back with us Week 1 when we play against Carolina," rookie cornerback Patrick Peterson said.
It was feared that Wilson, who suffered the injury during the team's annual Red-White scrimmage, but there had been talk about the veteran seeking non-surgical options, and it appears he may have found one.
That would be big for the Cardinals, as Wilson's value lies in his play on the field as well as his leadership with the secondary, something Peterson mentioned.
"That's great, having a 10-year vet like Adrian, who has been to the Pro-Bowl before, he's done a lot of things for this Arizona Cardinals team," he said. "Something I want to do over the years.
"Adrian, he's a great guy, a team leader and also a big brother to me."
ArizonaSports.com's Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.