Fitzgerald says Cardinals have makings of a 'special backfield'
The Cardinals' running game hasn't been anything worth writing home about since the team moved to the desert, but that could change this season.
Arizona enters the season with Beanie Wells, Ryan Williams and LaRod Stephens-Howling atop the depth chart, each bringing a different skill to the table.
Combined, Larry Fitzgerald thinks the group will do big things.
"I'm just in awe, I see him every day in practice and he makes something special happen," the receiver told Sports 620 KTAR's Sports Interactive of the rookie Williams, who made a move Sunday that Fitzgerald said "fans were cheated out of" seeing. "Him and Beanie are really going to be a nice 1-2 combo, and then you bring in LaRod Stephens-Howling to change it up.
"It's going to be a special backfield for us."
You wouldn't think a receiver would be excited for the team's running game, as more Wells, Williams and Stephens-Howling would mean less Fitzgerald.
But Fitzgerald has always said his priority is to win, and an improved running game would help him accomplish just that.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.