Updated Aug 15, 2011 - 4:36 pm
Fitzgerald says Kolb can take team 'where we all want to go'
Larry Fitzgerald has not been shy about praising the guy who will be throwing him the ball this season.
Whether it's his accuracy, leadership or the fact that he has worked hard to learn the offense in a limited amount of time, you get the sense that if Kolb tells people he puts his heart and soul into the game, he means it.
The team, and Fitzgerald, notice that.
"He's a man that wants to be good. He wants to succeed, he wants his teammates to believe in him," Fitzgerald told Sports 620 KTAR's Sports Interactive. "After only seven or eight practices, I mean, I know we all believed that he has the ability to take us to where we all want to go."
That would be back to the playoffs and, hopefully, the Super Bowl.
That belief could serve the Cardinals -- and Kolb -- well going forward, especially after last season when it seemed nobody had faith in any of the five QBs the team used from the beginning of training camp to Week 17.
Whether it was an assumed lack of confidence the team had in Matt Leinart or the perceived lack of confidence there was in Derek Anderson, Max Hall, John Skelton and Richard Bartel, the point is none of those guys were able to get the job done.
Time will tell if Kolb will, but until then it's good to see the team believes in their new quarterback.
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals preseason: By The Numbers
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.