Fitzgerald says Kolb can take team 'where we all want to go'
Larry Fitzgerald has not been shy about praising the guy who will be throwing him the ball this season.
Whether it's his accuracy, leadership or the fact that he has worked hard to learn the offense in a limited amount of time, you get the sense that if Kolb tells people he puts his heart and soul into the game, he means it.
The team, and Fitzgerald, notice that.
"He's a man that wants to be good. He wants to succeed, he wants his teammates to believe in him," Fitzgerald told Sports 620 KTAR's Sports Interactive. "After only seven or eight practices, I mean, I know we all believed that he has the ability to take us to where we all want to go."
That would be back to the playoffs and, hopefully, the Super Bowl.
That belief could serve the Cardinals -- and Kolb -- well going forward, especially after last season when it seemed nobody had faith in any of the five QBs the team used from the beginning of training camp to Week 17.
Whether it was an assumed lack of confidence the team had in Matt Leinart or the perceived lack of confidence there was in Derek Anderson, Max Hall, John Skelton and Richard Bartel, the point is none of those guys were able to get the job done.
Time will tell if Kolb will, but until then it's good to see the team believes in their new quarterback.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.