Updated Aug 15, 2011 - 4:36 pm
Fitzgerald says Kolb can take team 'where we all want to go'
Larry Fitzgerald has not been shy about praising the guy who will be throwing him the ball this season.
Whether it's his accuracy, leadership or the fact that he has worked hard to learn the offense in a limited amount of time, you get the sense that if Kolb tells people he puts his heart and soul into the game, he means it.
The team, and Fitzgerald, notice that.
"He's a man that wants to be good. He wants to succeed, he wants his teammates to believe in him," Fitzgerald told Sports 620 KTAR's Sports Interactive. "After only seven or eight practices, I mean, I know we all believed that he has the ability to take us to where we all want to go."
That would be back to the playoffs and, hopefully, the Super Bowl.
That belief could serve the Cardinals -- and Kolb -- well going forward, especially after last season when it seemed nobody had faith in any of the five QBs the team used from the beginning of training camp to Week 17.
Whether it was an assumed lack of confidence the team had in Matt Leinart or the perceived lack of confidence there was in Derek Anderson, Max Hall, John Skelton and Richard Bartel, the point is none of those guys were able to get the job done.
Time will tell if Kolb will, but until then it's good to see the team believes in their new quarterback.
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.