Updated Aug 15, 2011 - 4:36 pm
Fitzgerald says Kolb can take team 'where we all want to go'
Larry Fitzgerald has not been shy about praising the guy who will be throwing him the ball this season.
Whether it's his accuracy, leadership or the fact that he has worked hard to learn the offense in a limited amount of time, you get the sense that if Kolb tells people he puts his heart and soul into the game, he means it.
The team, and Fitzgerald, notice that.
"He's a man that wants to be good. He wants to succeed, he wants his teammates to believe in him," Fitzgerald told Sports 620 KTAR's Sports Interactive. "After only seven or eight practices, I mean, I know we all believed that he has the ability to take us to where we all want to go."
That would be back to the playoffs and, hopefully, the Super Bowl.
That belief could serve the Cardinals -- and Kolb -- well going forward, especially after last season when it seemed nobody had faith in any of the five QBs the team used from the beginning of training camp to Week 17.
Whether it was an assumed lack of confidence the team had in Matt Leinart or the perceived lack of confidence there was in Derek Anderson, Max Hall, John Skelton and Richard Bartel, the point is none of those guys were able to get the job done.
Time will tell if Kolb will, but until then it's good to see the team believes in their new quarterback.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!