Updated Aug 15, 2011 - 12:32 pm
Kolb was good, but 'don't build a church' yet
In camp for a couple weeks, nary a bad word has been said about Kevin Kolb.
Add in a successful preseason debut, one in which he completed 4 of 7 passes for 68 yards, the praise has continued to flow.
"It's one preseason game," Sports 620 KTAR's Ron Wolfley said on the Doug and Wolf show. "Don't build a church. One game. Chill."
Wolf says Kolb played well -- which he did -- but wants people to put everything into perspective.
It's probably a good idea.
After all, save Larry Fitzgerald's great catch that led to a 43-yard gain, Kolb's QB rating would have been a paltry 52.67.
That's Derek Anderson territory, and it's not funny.
Then again, the pass to Fitzgerald was completed, and the ability to get the Pro Bowler the ball -- no matter how open he is -- is part of the QB's job.
So, under that criteria, the new signal caller is doing his job just fine.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.