Kolb was good, but 'don't build a church' yet
In camp for a couple weeks, nary a bad word has been said about Kevin Kolb.
Add in a successful preseason debut, one in which he completed 4 of 7 passes for 68 yards, the praise has continued to flow.
"It's one preseason game," Sports 620 KTAR's Ron Wolfley said on the Doug and Wolf show. "Don't build a church. One game. Chill."
Wolf says Kolb played well -- which he did -- but wants people to put everything into perspective.
It's probably a good idea.
After all, save Larry Fitzgerald's great catch that led to a 43-yard gain, Kolb's QB rating would have been a paltry 52.67.
That's Derek Anderson territory, and it's not funny.
Then again, the pass to Fitzgerald was completed, and the ability to get the Pro Bowler the ball -- no matter how open he is -- is part of the QB's job.
So, under that criteria, the new signal caller is doing his job just fine.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.