Updated Aug 15, 2011 - 12:32 pm
Kolb was good, but 'don't build a church' yet
In camp for a couple weeks, nary a bad word has been said about Kevin Kolb.
Add in a successful preseason debut, one in which he completed 4 of 7 passes for 68 yards, the praise has continued to flow.
"It's one preseason game," Sports 620 KTAR's Ron Wolfley said on the Doug and Wolf show. "Don't build a church. One game. Chill."
Wolf says Kolb played well -- which he did -- but wants people to put everything into perspective.
It's probably a good idea.
After all, save Larry Fitzgerald's great catch that led to a 43-yard gain, Kolb's QB rating would have been a paltry 52.67.
That's Derek Anderson territory, and it's not funny.
Then again, the pass to Fitzgerald was completed, and the ability to get the Pro Bowler the ball -- no matter how open he is -- is part of the QB's job.
So, under that criteria, the new signal caller is doing his job just fine.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.