Updated Aug 15, 2011 - 12:32 pm
Kolb was good, but 'don't build a church' yet
In camp for a couple weeks, nary a bad word has been said about Kevin Kolb.
Add in a successful preseason debut, one in which he completed 4 of 7 passes for 68 yards, the praise has continued to flow.
"It's one preseason game," Sports 620 KTAR's Ron Wolfley said on the Doug and Wolf show. "Don't build a church. One game. Chill."
Wolf says Kolb played well -- which he did -- but wants people to put everything into perspective.
It's probably a good idea.
After all, save Larry Fitzgerald's great catch that led to a 43-yard gain, Kolb's QB rating would have been a paltry 52.67.
That's Derek Anderson territory, and it's not funny.
Then again, the pass to Fitzgerald was completed, and the ability to get the Pro Bowler the ball -- no matter how open he is -- is part of the QB's job.
So, under that criteria, the new signal caller is doing his job just fine.
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.