Updated Aug 15, 2011 - 12:32 pm
Kolb was good, but 'don't build a church' yet
In camp for a couple weeks, nary a bad word has been said about Kevin Kolb.
Add in a successful preseason debut, one in which he completed 4 of 7 passes for 68 yards, the praise has continued to flow.
"It's one preseason game," Sports 620 KTAR's Ron Wolfley said on the Doug and Wolf show. "Don't build a church. One game. Chill."
Wolf says Kolb played well -- which he did -- but wants people to put everything into perspective.
It's probably a good idea.
After all, save Larry Fitzgerald's great catch that led to a 43-yard gain, Kolb's QB rating would have been a paltry 52.67.
That's Derek Anderson territory, and it's not funny.
Then again, the pass to Fitzgerald was completed, and the ability to get the Pro Bowler the ball -- no matter how open he is -- is part of the QB's job.
So, under that criteria, the new signal caller is doing his job just fine.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.