Updated Aug 15, 2011 - 4:13 pm
Larry Fitzgerald reiterates desire to stay in Arizona
The question will linger until he either signs a contract extension or leaves the Valley, but once again Larry Fitzgerald confirmed that the Arizona Cardinals are his first choice with regards to where he will be playing football next season.
"That's been my desire from day one, the time I got a chance to meet Mr. Bidwill and shake his hand, Rod Graves when they drafted me in 2004," the receiver told Sports 620 KTAR's Sports Interactive Monday. "I always wanted to finish my career as an Arizona Cardinal, I really enjoy playing for this organization."
These words are nothing new from Fitzgerald, as he's consistently said he has no interest in playing elsewhere. However, the Cardinals have talked about trying to get their Pro Bowler signed to a contract extension before the regular season begins, meaning the two sides have less than one month to get something done.
All things seem to point to that not being a problem.
Fitzgerald, after all, said he likes the Cardinals organization, coaches and fans.
"I'm going to let Mr. Graves and Steve [Keim] and Mr. Bidwill, let them take care of that with my agent," Fitzgerald said. "My job is to focus on football."
It appears Fitzgerald, who wants to stay in Arizona, is not concerned with his contract. Given that, maybe the fans shouldn't be, either.
Like that's really going to happen.
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 27, 2014
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.