Updated Aug 15, 2011 - 4:13 pm
Larry Fitzgerald reiterates desire to stay in Arizona
The question will linger until he either signs a contract extension or leaves the Valley, but once again Larry Fitzgerald confirmed that the Arizona Cardinals are his first choice with regards to where he will be playing football next season.
"That's been my desire from day one, the time I got a chance to meet Mr. Bidwill and shake his hand, Rod Graves when they drafted me in 2004," the receiver told Sports 620 KTAR's Sports Interactive Monday. "I always wanted to finish my career as an Arizona Cardinal, I really enjoy playing for this organization."
These words are nothing new from Fitzgerald, as he's consistently said he has no interest in playing elsewhere. However, the Cardinals have talked about trying to get their Pro Bowler signed to a contract extension before the regular season begins, meaning the two sides have less than one month to get something done.
All things seem to point to that not being a problem.
Fitzgerald, after all, said he likes the Cardinals organization, coaches and fans.
"I'm going to let Mr. Graves and Steve [Keim] and Mr. Bidwill, let them take care of that with my agent," Fitzgerald said. "My job is to focus on football."
It appears Fitzgerald, who wants to stay in Arizona, is not concerned with his contract. Given that, maybe the fans shouldn't be, either.
Like that's really going to happen.
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.