Larry Fitzgerald reiterates desire to stay in Arizona
The question will linger until he either signs a contract extension or leaves the Valley, but once again Larry Fitzgerald confirmed that the Arizona Cardinals are his first choice with regards to where he will be playing football next season.
"That's been my desire from day one, the time I got a chance to meet Mr. Bidwill and shake his hand, Rod Graves when they drafted me in 2004," the receiver told Sports 620 KTAR's Sports Interactive Monday. "I always wanted to finish my career as an Arizona Cardinal, I really enjoy playing for this organization."
These words are nothing new from Fitzgerald, as he's consistently said he has no interest in playing elsewhere. However, the Cardinals have talked about trying to get their Pro Bowler signed to a contract extension before the regular season begins, meaning the two sides have less than one month to get something done.
All things seem to point to that not being a problem.
Fitzgerald, after all, said he likes the Cardinals organization, coaches and fans.
"I'm going to let Mr. Graves and Steve [Keim] and Mr. Bidwill, let them take care of that with my agent," Fitzgerald said. "My job is to focus on football."
It appears Fitzgerald, who wants to stay in Arizona, is not concerned with his contract. Given that, maybe the fans shouldn't be, either.
Like that's really going to happen.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.