Updated Aug 15, 2011 - 4:13 pm
Larry Fitzgerald reiterates desire to stay in Arizona
The question will linger until he either signs a contract extension or leaves the Valley, but once again Larry Fitzgerald confirmed that the Arizona Cardinals are his first choice with regards to where he will be playing football next season.
"That's been my desire from day one, the time I got a chance to meet Mr. Bidwill and shake his hand, Rod Graves when they drafted me in 2004," the receiver told Sports 620 KTAR's Sports Interactive Monday. "I always wanted to finish my career as an Arizona Cardinal, I really enjoy playing for this organization."
These words are nothing new from Fitzgerald, as he's consistently said he has no interest in playing elsewhere. However, the Cardinals have talked about trying to get their Pro Bowler signed to a contract extension before the regular season begins, meaning the two sides have less than one month to get something done.
All things seem to point to that not being a problem.
Fitzgerald, after all, said he likes the Cardinals organization, coaches and fans.
"I'm going to let Mr. Graves and Steve [Keim] and Mr. Bidwill, let them take care of that with my agent," Fitzgerald said. "My job is to focus on football."
It appears Fitzgerald, who wants to stay in Arizona, is not concerned with his contract. Given that, maybe the fans shouldn't be, either.
Like that's really going to happen.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.