Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 10:49 am
Expect the Cardinals to run a lot this season
The Arizona Cardinals, in 2010, ran the football less than anyone in the NFL, gaining the fewest yards out of all 32 teams.
Expect that to change in 2011.
According to tight end Jeff King, who signed with Arizona in the off-season, one of the reasons he chose the Cardinals was because of the style of football the team wants to play.
"They want to run the football, they want to use multiple tight ends, I think that fits what I do best," King told Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf. "I've been happy with my decision thus far."
King wouldn't be shocked if Williams, one of the guys he'll be expected to open holes for, becomes a star.
"I think he can be special," the tight end said. "I watched him, followed his career at Virginia Tech. I think he can be a really good player."
That's not to say, though, that King doesn't want to be involved in an aerial attack. The Cardinals traded for Kevin Kolb so that they could throw the ball a little bit, and King thinks he can help there, too.
"Three years ago I had 46 catches in this league, so I've caught the football before," he said. "Hopefully I haven't forgot."
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?