Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 10:49 am
Expect the Cardinals to run a lot this season
The Arizona Cardinals, in 2010, ran the football less than anyone in the NFL, gaining the fewest yards out of all 32 teams.
Expect that to change in 2011.
According to tight end Jeff King, who signed with Arizona in the off-season, one of the reasons he chose the Cardinals was because of the style of football the team wants to play.
"They want to run the football, they want to use multiple tight ends, I think that fits what I do best," King told Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf. "I've been happy with my decision thus far."
King wouldn't be shocked if Williams, one of the guys he'll be expected to open holes for, becomes a star.
"I think he can be special," the tight end said. "I watched him, followed his career at Virginia Tech. I think he can be a really good player."
That's not to say, though, that King doesn't want to be involved in an aerial attack. The Cardinals traded for Kevin Kolb so that they could throw the ball a little bit, and King thinks he can help there, too.
"Three years ago I had 46 catches in this league, so I've caught the football before," he said. "Hopefully I haven't forgot."
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.