Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 10:49 am
Expect the Cardinals to run a lot this season
The Arizona Cardinals, in 2010, ran the football less than anyone in the NFL, gaining the fewest yards out of all 32 teams.
Expect that to change in 2011.
According to tight end Jeff King, who signed with Arizona in the off-season, one of the reasons he chose the Cardinals was because of the style of football the team wants to play.
"They want to run the football, they want to use multiple tight ends, I think that fits what I do best," King told Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf. "I've been happy with my decision thus far."
King wouldn't be shocked if Williams, one of the guys he'll be expected to open holes for, becomes a star.
"I think he can be special," the tight end said. "I watched him, followed his career at Virginia Tech. I think he can be a really good player."
That's not to say, though, that King doesn't want to be involved in an aerial attack. The Cardinals traded for Kevin Kolb so that they could throw the ball a little bit, and King thinks he can help there, too.
"Three years ago I had 46 catches in this league, so I've caught the football before," he said. "Hopefully I haven't forgot."
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 27, 2014
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.