Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 10:49 am
Expect the Cardinals to run a lot this season
The Arizona Cardinals, in 2010, ran the football less than anyone in the NFL, gaining the fewest yards out of all 32 teams.
Expect that to change in 2011.
According to tight end Jeff King, who signed with Arizona in the off-season, one of the reasons he chose the Cardinals was because of the style of football the team wants to play.
"They want to run the football, they want to use multiple tight ends, I think that fits what I do best," King told Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf. "I've been happy with my decision thus far."
King wouldn't be shocked if Williams, one of the guys he'll be expected to open holes for, becomes a star.
"I think he can be special," the tight end said. "I watched him, followed his career at Virginia Tech. I think he can be a really good player."
That's not to say, though, that King doesn't want to be involved in an aerial attack. The Cardinals traded for Kevin Kolb so that they could throw the ball a little bit, and King thinks he can help there, too.
"Three years ago I had 46 catches in this league, so I've caught the football before," he said. "Hopefully I haven't forgot."
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!