Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 10:49 am
Expect the Cardinals to run a lot this season
The Arizona Cardinals, in 2010, ran the football less than anyone in the NFL, gaining the fewest yards out of all 32 teams.
Expect that to change in 2011.
According to tight end Jeff King, who signed with Arizona in the off-season, one of the reasons he chose the Cardinals was because of the style of football the team wants to play.
"They want to run the football, they want to use multiple tight ends, I think that fits what I do best," King told Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf. "I've been happy with my decision thus far."
King wouldn't be shocked if Williams, one of the guys he'll be expected to open holes for, becomes a star.
"I think he can be special," the tight end said. "I watched him, followed his career at Virginia Tech. I think he can be a really good player."
That's not to say, though, that King doesn't want to be involved in an aerial attack. The Cardinals traded for Kevin Kolb so that they could throw the ball a little bit, and King thinks he can help there, too.
"Three years ago I had 46 catches in this league, so I've caught the football before," he said. "Hopefully I haven't forgot."
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?